159, 3.24 AA Male

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Pmac1520

159, 3.24 AA Male

Postby Pmac1520 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:08 pm

Chance me!

My softs include working for US senator Feinstein for 8 months as an intern, and senior intern.

Since August I have been working for a great firm and plan on having a Partner write an LOR. The other two LORs will be from a higher up from my undergrad and one from the senators office.

During my undergrad I did service all around LA, feeding the homeless and volunteering I'm low income communities.

I'm looking at

Davis
USC
UCLA
LMU
Davis
UCI
NYU
Cornell to name a few

And yes I know retake. But that might not be an option.

AaronCarter

Re: 159, 3.24 AA Male

Postby AaronCarter » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:39 am

Pmac1520 wrote:Chance me!

My softs include working for US senator Feinstein for 8 months as an intern, and senior intern.

Since August I have been working for a great firm and plan on having a Partner write an LOR. The other two LORs will be from a higher up from my undergrad and one from the senators office.

During my undergrad I did service all around LA, feeding the homeless and volunteering I'm low income communities.

I'm looking at

Davis
USC
UCLA
LMU
Davis
UCI
NYU
Cornell to name a few

I'm NOT an admissions counselor. Nor is anyone else here. So, this is a guess.

But I'd say you're a strong contender for most those schools. But you will wanna retake to make yourself competitive for NYU, UCLA, and Cornell.

For what it's worth, I can tell you with 100% certainty there are AA males with similar GPAs in a NYU/Cornell/UCLA with mid 160s LSATs. like 5-6 more points. It may seem difficult (and it is), but absolutely obtainable.
Please retake, my guy. Don't deny yourself a chance at these excellent schools.

Justtrying2help

Postby Justtrying2help » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:55 am

I'm looking at

Davis
USC
UCLA
LMU
Davis
UCI
NYU
Cornell to name a few

I'm an aa male with virtually the same stats as you. You are aiming too low. I was accepted into top 13 schools (MVP) and elite regionals (WUSTL and Vandy). Apply early with a perfect app and you'll be fine. I'd recommend that you retake the test if you want more money or a more prestigious degree.

AaronCarter

Postby AaronCarter » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:35 am

Justtrying2help wrote:

I'm looking at

Davis
USC
UCLA
LMU
Davis
UCI
NYU
Cornell to name a few

I'm an aa male with virtually the same stats as you. You are aiming too low. I was accepted into top 13 schools (MVP) and elite regionals (WUSTL and Vandy). Apply early with a perfect app and you'll be fine. I'd recommend that you retake the test if you want more money or a more prestigious degree.

I'd like to second the apply early part. For REAL.

Justtrying2help is on point here.

onvinyl

Postby onvinyl » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:08 pm

Justtrying2help wrote:

I'm looking at

Davis
USC
UCLA
LMU
Davis
UCI
NYU
Cornell to name a few

Really? AA boost is that big? I have a 3.1 and high 160 LSAT and was worried about my T14 prospects. Just sat for September make up and registered for December. Should I just apply early with my score? What exactly were your stats and where did you get in?

AaronCarter

Postby AaronCarter » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:38 pm

onvinyl wrote:
Justtrying2help wrote:

I'm looking at

Davis
USC
UCLA
LMU
Davis
UCI
NYU
Cornell to name a few

Really? AA boost is that big? I have a 3.1 and high 160 LSAT and was worried about my T14 prospects. Just sat for September make up and registered for December. Should I just apply early with my score? What exactly were your stats and where did you get in?

You haven't received your score back for the September test??

onvinyl

Postby onvinyl » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:55 pm

AaronCarter wrote:
onvinyl wrote:
Justtrying2help wrote:

I'm looking at

Davis
USC
UCLA
LMU
Davis
UCI
NYU
Cornell to name a few

You haven't received your score back for the September test??

Nah my test center was canceled so they scheduled a make up for this past weekend

Return to “What are my chances?”