Northwestern ED? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
knix7

New

Northwestern ED?

Post by knix7 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:41 pm

Hey all,

3.8 GPA from top 10 university, 165 on September LSAT, and strong softs...should I do Northwestern ED? Also LOR from NU law alumn if that does anything.

Most definitely retaking LSAT but trying to decide if still should go through with this cycle despite the low LSAT score. Haven't been able to find much info on ED stats (although I'm sure the 150k at NU makes it competitive) so any advice appreciated.

cavalier1138

Re: Northwestern ED?

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:50 pm

You won't get Northwestern ED with that LSAT. Also, drop that LOR if the alum wasn't a professor of yours (or at least only include it as an optional third letter).

As for going through with this cycle: what do you want to do with your degree? You're not really in the running for any of the T13 with your current numbers, so if that's where you're aiming, you need to retake in December or delay a cycle.

Mullens

Silver

Post by Mullens » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:12 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:You won't get Northwestern ED with that LSAT. Also, drop that LOR if the alum wasn't a professor of yours (or at least only include it as an optional third letter).

As for going through with this cycle: what do you want to do with your degree? You're not really in the running for any of the T13 with your current numbers, so if that's where you're aiming, you need to retake in December or delay a cycle.
NU is different from other schools in this regard, cavalier. If the letter is a professional reference (someone you worked with) then definitely keep it. NU used to require a professional reference (and didn't require any professor ones) when I applied like five years ago. No idea if that is still the case but professional references are always good at NU (even if they are no longer required).

ETA: but yeah you won't get in ED with an LSAT below median.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:35 pm

Mullens wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:You won't get Northwestern ED with that LSAT. Also, drop that LOR if the alum wasn't a professor of yours (or at least only include it as an optional third letter).

NU is different from other schools in this regard, cavalier. If the letter is a professional reference (someone you worked with) then definitely keep it. NU used to require a professional reference (and didn't require any professor ones) when I applied like five years ago. No idea if that is still the case but professional references are always good at NU (even if they are no longer required).

ETA: but yeah you won't get in ED with an LSAT below median.
Sorry, probably should have included that option. I just meant to drop the letter if it's a non-professional relationship, because alumni status isn't really a selling point.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”