3.3 GPA/164 LSAT - chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
paralegal15

New

3.3 GPA/164 LSAT - chances?

Post by paralegal15 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:51 pm

Hey all,

I wanted to get a feel for what schools does everyone think would be in reach for me with my GPA and LSAT? It's my second time taking the LSAT (161 before). Went to a good liberal arts school (majoring in Political Science/Studio Art) and have been graduated for 2.5 years now. Working as a paralegal at a big law firm (started as a secretary, but managed to do well and get recommended for the paralegal position).

Schools I was thinking were BU/BC, WLU, Notre Dame, but let me know if those are unrealistic.

Thoughts and comments welcome!

cavalier1138

Re: 3.3 GPA/164 LSAT - chances?

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:52 pm

Looks like you have no shot at BU, middling at ND, and good chances at BC/W&L. But what do you want to do with your degree? You're targeting regional schools in radically different regions.

paralegal15

New

Post by paralegal15 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:39 am

cavalier1138 wrote:Looks like you have no shot at BU, middling at ND, and good chances at BC/W&L. But what do you want to do with your degree? You're targeting regional schools in radically different regions.
Thanks. Although, can you clarify why you say I have no shot for BU but a small chance for Notre Dame? I've checked law school numbers and both seem to have similar median GPA/LSAT scores.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:04 am

paralegal15 wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:Looks like you have no shot at BU, middling at ND, and good chances at BC/W&L. But what do you want to do with your degree? You're targeting regional schools in radically different regions.
Thanks. Although, can you clarify why you say I have no shot for BU but a small chance for Notre Dame? I've checked law school numbers and both seem to have similar median GPA/LSAT scores.
I plugged your numbers into MyLSN, and there was a difference between BU and ND (maybe because of NU's dramatically lower 25th?). Bear in mind that 1-2 points on the LSAT makes a big difference. But again, what do you want to do and where do you want to do it?

paralegal15

New

Post by paralegal15 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:07 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
paralegal15 wrote:
I plugged your numbers into MyLSN, and there was a difference between BU and ND (maybe because of NU's dramatically lower 25th?). Bear in mind that 1-2 points on the LSAT makes a big difference. But again, what do you want to do and where do you want to do it?
Ok, just wanted to check that maybe you were factoring in some other outside knowledge aside from the website. If you have any insights that do not come from that website it would much appreciated. Thanks.

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:38 pm

paralegal15 wrote:Hey all,

I wanted to get a feel for what schools does everyone think would be in reach for me with my GPA and LSAT? It's my second time taking the LSAT (161 before). Went to a good liberal arts school (majoring in Political Science/Studio Art) and have been graduated for 2.5 years now. Working as a paralegal at a big law firm (started as a secretary, but managed to do well and get recommended for the paralegal position).

Schools I was thinking were BU/BC, WLU, Notre Dame, but let me know if those are unrealistic.

Thoughts and comments welcome!
Thoughts... you went up three points between takings. Go do that again, it'll make a monumental difference - you could target those same schools, but instead they'd be covering six figures of your tuition rather than you subsidizing others that did just a little better on the lsat. On a good day, you might even break into the lower T15

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”