Non-matriculated classes; impact on the GPA? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
misdiagnosed

New

Non-matriculated classes; impact on the GPA?

Post by misdiagnosed » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:37 pm

I took a few classes at a university where I was not a matriculated student, and did extremely well in them. Will they carry the same weight as the ones at my degree-granting institution? LSAC calculators don't mention the difference, so I assume that means they count the same.

cavalier1138

Re: Non-matriculated classes; impact on the GPA?

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:43 am

misdiagnosed wrote:I took a few classes at a university where I was not a matriculated student, and did extremely well in them. Will they carry the same weight as the ones at my degree-granting institution? LSAC calculators don't mention the difference, so I assume that means they count the same.
Did you get credit for the classes, and were they taken before you got your bachelors? Did you take the classes at a US or a foreign institution?

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:51 am

excellent use of a determiner in the subject line; the only way to improve upon this would be something like "ye olde GPA"

misdiagnosed

New

Post by misdiagnosed » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:11 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
misdiagnosed wrote:I took a few classes at a university where I was not a matriculated student, and did extremely well in them. Will they carry the same weight as the ones at my degree-granting institution? LSAC calculators don't mention the difference, so I assume that means they count the same.
Did you get credit for the classes, and were they taken before you got your bachelors? Did you take the classes at a US or a foreign institution?
The normal answers to all of those: Got credit, was before the bachelors was finished, got it at an American institution.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:46 am

misdiagnosed wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:
The normal answers to all of those: Got credit, was before the bachelors was finished, got it at an American institution.
Then yes, all those classes count towards your LSAC GPA and are only "weighted" according to how many credits they were.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”