LSAT 171/GPA 3.43 Canadian University Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
opismo

New

LSAT 171/GPA 3.43 Canadian University

Post by opismo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Hey guys,

As the title states I got a 171 on my LSAT and a 3.43 GPA at McGill University. I failed and withdrew from a course in my first year because of the death of one of my parents, but since then my grades have trended upwards.

Softs:
Interned at an investment bank in Hong Kong researching the Volcker Rule and other financial regulations
Editor of undergraduate economics journal
Trial Monitor at Khmer Rouge Tribunal

My dream schools are Columbia and NYU, but I'll be aiming for most of the schools in the T14, otherwise I'll just stay in Canada. Where should I apply? Should I retake my LSAT? Btw I am a US citizen if that makes any difference.

So the million dollar question: What are my chances?

2L2Stronk

New

Re: LSAT 171/GPA 3.43 Canadian University

Post by 2L2Stronk » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:18 pm

MRGLRGLRGLRGLRGL. Swagger murloc, friend.
opismo wrote:Hey guys,

As the title states I got a 171 on my LSAT and a 3.43 GPA at McGill University. I failed and withdrew from a course in my first year because of the death of one of my parents, but since then my grades have trended upwards.

Softs:
Interned at an investment bank in Hong Kong researching the Volcker Rule and other financial regulations

My dream schools are Columbia and NYU, but I'll be aiming for most of the schools in the T14, otherwise I'll just stay in Canada. Where should I apply? Should I retake my LSAT? Btw I am a US citizen if that makes any difference.

HDMI2

New

Post by HDMI2 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:58 pm

Softs:

Hi,

I don't know much about law school admission, but your stats are very impressive! I am pretty sure, with your stats and softs, that you will have no problem getting into a T14 school.

P.S. McGill is a great campus! Montreal is lovely. If I had the grades, I would love to study in McGill.

Best of luck!

BrainsyK

Bronze

Post by BrainsyK » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:08 pm

Softs:

http://mylsn.info/shukb4/

Fellow McGill grad who just started at C this year. PM if you have any questions, but regarding admissions, you're not going to find anyone giving any substantively more useful information than that link. If you really wanna go for NYU/Columbia, you'll probably need a retake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”