3.05 /165 - Super softs - T14? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
perfunctory

Bronze

Re: 3.05 /165 - Super softs - T14?

Post by perfunctory » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:54 pm

I know someone who ran for federal office (obvs he didn't get elected) and didn't outperform his numbers

stego

Platinum

Post by stego » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:58 pm

perfunctory wrote:I know someone who ran for federal office (obvs he didn't get elected) and didn't outperform his numbers
Well, yeah. This is America. We don't reward losers.

Delano

New

Post by Delano » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:14 pm

rpupkin wrote:retake

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:23 pm

Unless one of your super softs is time travel so that you can go back and put a 5 in the middle of that GPA instead of the big goose egg you won't get into any T13

Oh or unless you're URM

BillyJean

New

Post by BillyJean » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Justtrying2help wrote:OP post your results in this thread after your cycle so it can be an anecdotal test case for the importance of softs in law school admissions (or the lack of importance). I think your softs are definitely above average for the t-14 but not elite. This likely means you will perform roughly where your numbers suggest your should. I predict you will be shut out of the t-13 unless you apply early decision somewhere with a perfect app (which I do not think is a good idea for you). I predict the best school you will get accepted into will be one just outside the top 20 schools. Hopefully for your sake I am wrong. Good luck OP!
Will do. Still 2 years away from application time for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawboundsomeday

New

Post by lawboundsomeday » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:38 pm

BillyJean wrote:Long story short, my BS is from a top 10 undergraduate school. 7 years of WE and graduate degree from a T14 school. I'm considering a JD because of my particular research interests and professional goals. Think intersection of law and my particular discipline. It's not unheard of, but definitely uncommon to have the dual qualifications - yet the relationship is very relevant.

I'm mainly interested in part-time programs, although that only leaves Gtown in the top 14.

How far can the best softs take you?
Americorps, TFA, peace corps, military....check
Work for a prestigious organization....check
Named scholarship....check
Beyond those basics, my profile is one in a million, quite literally. For the sake of anonymity, I want to leave it at that because any details would be too specific. You'll have to entertain me and use your imagination, but rest assured, I'm not simply a fighter pilot, spy, neurosurgeon, Trump administration dropout, or ethical hacker. If you were on the admissions committee, one of your thoughts might be that you'll never see another applicant like this again.

I'm not Waldo, Carmen Sandiego, or Nessie. Just curious about what truly unique and diverse softs can do for me despite my numbers.
If you'd consider ED, and don't need big financial aid, seems like you'd benefit from looking at T-20 ED programs. I bet you'd have a good shot ED to get into WU or UCLA and a decent possibility at maybe G'town or Cornell ED. Much above that seems like a stretch if not URM - unless your softs really are so totally amazing that their jaw drops on the floor in which case, good on you and who the heck knows.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”