Chance me - 3.45 171 LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Russellwestbrookzero

New

Chance me - 3.45 171 LSAT

Post by Russellwestbrookzero » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:34 pm

3.45 GPA And a 171 LSAT with 2+ years WE and a top 5 ain't undergrad. Could you please chance me for the following schools:

Columbia (may apply ED)
Michigan
NYU
Northwestern (may apply ED)
Upend

I am wrestling with the decision on whether to apply ED to NU or to Columbia - I recognize that northwestern ED comes with a 150k scholarship and that is quite appealing. However, I am aware that this is quite competitive and may not be realistic. As for Columbia, I recognize my scores are quite low but if J apply ED I am curious as to whether this would provide me with the boost I need, especially if I have a top 5 Ivy undergrad. If I apply Columbia ED and pay sticker I am fine with that, appreciate your help.

Theory1195

New

Re: Chance me - 3.45 171 LSAT

Post by Theory1195 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:13 pm

I'm not an expert on chancing people, so I will let the more knowledgable members of this website take that part...but I do need to clear up something I think you may be assuming:

Yes, going to an ivy school for undergrad is a phenomenal, impressive accomplishment--and I have no doubt that you are exceptionally intelligent. But law schools really could care less about where you went to undergrad--it's much more LSAT/GPA, and THEN what your did with your time outside of school (think work, clubs, organizations, etc.)

So, I don't think your undergrad institution is going to make THAT much of a difference, truthfully.

Good luck!!!

Mullens

Silver

Post by Mullens » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:22 pm

Russellwestbrookzero wrote:3.45 GPA And a 171 LSAT with 2+ years WE and a top 5 ain't undergrad. Could you please chance me for the following schools:

Columbia (may apply ED)
Michigan
NYU
Upend

I am wrestling with the decision on whether to apply ED to NU or to Columbia - I recognize that northwestern ED comes with a 150k scholarship and that is quite appealing. However, I am aware that this is quite competitive and may not be realistic. As for Columbia, I recognize my scores are quite low but if J apply ED I am curious as to whether this would provide me with the boost I need, especially if I have a top 5 Ivy undergrad. If I apply Columbia ED and pay sticker I am fine with that, appreciate your help.
Columbia costs like $330,000 at sticker. You shouldn't be okay with that.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:29 pm

Russellwestbrookzero wrote:3.45 GPA And a 171 LSAT with 2+ years WE and a top 5 ain't undergrad. Could you please chance me for the following schools:

Columbia (may apply ED)
Michigan
NYU
Upend

Why such a weirdly limited list?

Why are you okay with paying sticker at Columbia?

http://mylsn.info is all you need for chancing yourself.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:08 pm

There's been a weird rash of picky splitters in the last month or so...

OP, you can't afford to limit your list like that. Your GPA is below the 25th percentile for the entire T13, and your goal should be to apply broadly and early to maximize your chances at admission and a decent scholarship package.

In terms of ED, you're not likely to get Northwestern, and that's the only school worth applying ED to (because of the guaranteed scholarship). If you aren't going to pay with the GI bill, you should seriously think about how willing you are to pay sticker for any school. "Prestige" isn't worth six figures.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jmart082

Bronze

Post by Jmart082 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:17 pm

Mullens wrote:

Columbia (may apply ED)
Michigan
NYU
Upend

Columbia costs like $330,000 at sticker. You shouldn't be okay with that.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:57 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”