Chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lawandlilly

New

Chances?

Post by lawandlilly » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Hi everyone! I'm a rising senior at Michigan State University (in their James Madison College program). I'm applying to law school for fall 2018 and wanted to get a feel for my chances at the following schools:

Michigan
Penn State
Pittsburgh
George Mason
Loyola Chicago

GPA: 3.59 LSAT: 162

"Soft" stats: Michigan State Honors College, James Madison College Honors Program, internship with state representative, paid internship at a federally funded research and development center for the past 3 summers, in the process of writing an honors thesis, member of Greek life honor society, leader's council position in sorority

My goal is to work in government/public interest for now, but I'm keeping an open mind. I'm also interested in family law. I was born and raised in PA then moved to MI for school, so I'd either like to move back to PA or somewhere in the Midwest.

Any input is appreciated! :D

Delano

New

Re: Chances?

Post by Delano » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:09 pm

From myLSN -
Michigan - 0%
Penn State- 91%
Pittsburgh - 67%
GM - 70%
Loyola Chicago - 92%
Maybe slighter lower because it sounds like you're KJD.

You should probably retake - You'll be able to get into better school and you'll be able to get more money at the schools you'd otherwise get into.

jamesmangi

Bronze

Post by jamesmangi » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:12 pm

use mylsn.info for chances

Where in PA? Consider applying to Temple if you want Philly

BansheeScream

New

Post by BansheeScream » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:00 pm

I would recommend retaking just because you have another year of undergrad and there's really no better time to study than the LSAT imo than when you're in school mode but also have some free time as an upperclassmen.

Your GPA isn't final yet so try take some easy A+s to get it in the 3.7-3.75 range. Higher numbers will benefit you significantly in terms of scholarships, which will be nice especially if you go into public interest with the uncertainty of PILF.

The school choices in your post are kind of all over the place. Get your numbers up over the next year and focus on the T14 if you want high prestige public interest or get your numbers up and focus on getting a full ride to a regional school in the region you want to practice in if you want a PD or DA job i.e. Temple if you want Philly, WashU if you STL etc.

lawandlilly

New

Post by lawandlilly » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Thanks!
I plan on re-taking in September. Also, I had to look up what KJD meant, lol. I'm from the Pittsburgh area originally and looking to move back (not too interested in Philly but I wouldn't mind it), so I'm leaning toward Penn State or Pitt if I'm being honest with myself.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”