2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
tizza58
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:12 pm

2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Postby tizza58 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:38 pm

My UG GPA is a 2.9. Masters is a 3.8. LSAT fail at 155 (I totally totally bombed the LG section in which I should probably have studied for). Also have about 6 years work experience in legislative field.

I rather go private than stay in public sector. LA/NYC would be nice but with my stats I know I might be severely limited.

Accepted to a regional law school but thinking if I should retake the LSAT, if it gives me even a glimmer of hope to get into one of them t-14 schools.

thanks for the help.

User avatar
rpupkin
Posts: 5371
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: 2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Postby rpupkin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Retake

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 1005
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: 2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Postby Platopus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:43 pm

rpupkin wrote:Retake


2nd this. If you actually want to practice law this is really your only option.

tizza58
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: 2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Postby tizza58 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:46 pm

rpupkin wrote:Retake


i love the king of comedy. thanks for the advice.

tizza58
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: 2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Postby tizza58 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:48 pm

Platopus wrote:
rpupkin wrote:Retake


2nd this. If you actually want to practice law this is really your only option.


thanks. i applied to only one school (T2) and got in...but then was debating if i should strive for something more. argh.

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 1005
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: 2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Postby Platopus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:49 pm

tizza58 wrote:
Platopus wrote:
rpupkin wrote:Retake


2nd this. If you actually want to practice law this is really your only option.


thanks. i applied to only one school (T2) and got in...but then was debating if i should strive for something more. argh.


Yes, you should strive for more, particularly if you are getting little to no scholarship money.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.
Posts: 1189
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: 2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:43 pm

tizza58 wrote: LSAT fail at 155 (I totally totally bombed the LG section in which I should probably have studied forr).


So....you didn't study for it and you only took it once...? You're giving up?

The University of Akron has a solid lazy river and I can totally see you on that as you continue your incredibly hard work through law school. Seems like a great fit!

tizza58
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: 2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Postby tizza58 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:00 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
tizza58 wrote: LSAT fail at 155 (I totally totally bombed the LG section in which I should probably have studied forr).


So....you didn't study for it and you only took it once...? You're giving up?

The University of Akron has a solid lazy river and I can totally see you on that as you continue your incredibly hard work through law school. Seems like a great fit!



Lazy river? Sign me up!

User avatar
dbalkaran
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: 2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Postby dbalkaran » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:02 pm

tizza58 wrote:My UG GPA is a 2.9. Masters is a 3.8. LSAT fail at 155 (I totally totally bombed the LG section in which I should probably have studied for). Also have about 6 years work experience in legislative field.

I rather go private than stay in public sector. LA/NYC would be nice but with my stats I know I might be severely limited.

Accepted to a regional law school but thinking if I should retake the LSAT, if it gives me even a glimmer of hope to get into one of them t-14 schools.

thanks for the help.


Are you trolling? If you've been reading these threads you've got to know that everyone is going to tell you to retake.

User avatar
crumb cake
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:36 pm

Re: 2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Postby crumb cake » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:47 am

You can go to a T14 or else a decent LA/NYC feeder school for nearly free. Why wouldn't you? Retake for 170+.

tizza58
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: 2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Postby tizza58 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:26 am

crumb cake wrote:You can go to a T14 or else a decent LA/NYC feeder school for nearly free. Why wouldn't you? Retake for 170+.


I guess I was more concerned about the UG gpa. Thanks though.

tizza58
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: 2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Postby tizza58 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:29 am

dbalkaran wrote:
tizza58 wrote:My UG GPA is a 2.9. Masters is a 3.8. LSAT fail at 155 (I totally totally bombed the LG section in which I should probably have studied for). Also have about 6 years work experience in legislative field.

I rather go private than stay in public sector. LA/NYC would be nice but with my stats I know I might be severely limited.

Accepted to a regional law school but thinking if I should retake the LSAT, if it gives me even a glimmer of hope to get into one of them t-14 schools.

thanks for the help.


Are you trolling? If you've been reading these threads you've got to know that everyone is going to tell you to retake.


No, I'm not trolling. I guess I should have been more clear about my question. Would a higher LSAT give me the boost for a potential T14 or does my UG gpa make it not worth trying.

cavalier1138
Posts: 4018
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: 2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:32 am

tizza58 wrote:No, I'm not trolling. I guess I should have been more clear about my question. Would a higher LSAT give me the boost for a potential T14 or does my UG gpa make it not worth trying.


A sub-3.0 GPA will probably keep you out of most of the T14, but if you scored in the 170s, a school like Northwestern might admit you. The main opportunities a higher score will open up for you are T20 schools (or at least a good regional school, instead of whatever school you're calling "regional" right now).

tizza58
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: 2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Postby tizza58 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:19 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
tizza58 wrote:No, I'm not trolling. I guess I should have been more clear about my question. Would a higher LSAT give me the boost for a potential T14 or does my UG gpa make it not worth trying.


A sub-3.0 GPA will probably keep you out of most of the T14, but if you scored in the 170s, a school like Northwestern might admit you. The main opportunities a higher score will open up for you are T20 schools (or at least a good regional school, instead of whatever school you're calling "regional" right now).


Thanks. W/respect to my grad school GPA, i've read in some instances they at least consider it while some people have told me that it means close to nothing. What are your thoughts on that?

By regional, I mean its the only law school in my state. Haha.

User avatar
rpupkin
Posts: 5371
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: 2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Postby rpupkin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:34 pm

tizza58 wrote:Thanks. W/respect to my grad school GPA, i've read in some instances they at least consider it while some people have told me that it means close to nothing. What are your thoughts on that?

I think grad-school GPA usually means close to nothing. But there is a circumstance where I think it helps as a soft. If you do end up killing the LSAT, and if a T14 school is considering admitting you even though you're well below their median GPA, a strong grad-school GPA can indicate that you've shaped up since undergrad and are therefore more likely to succeed in law school. It's never going to be a huge boost, but it might help at the margins.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer
Posts: 1418
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: 2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:12 pm

rpupkin wrote:Retake

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3386
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: 2.9/3.8/155--chances?

Postby chargers21 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:58 am

Retake for money at top regional and the possibility of an NU acceptance. With the low GPA, it is even more important to get a top LSAT score even for applying to regionals




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: UJLA and 3 guests