University of Chicago ED Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Royals3535

New

University of Chicago ED

Post by Royals3535 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:36 pm

Hey everyone,

My dream school is university of Chicago and the plan is to apply there early decision. Also, I am in the fortunate situation of being 100% qualified for the post-9/11 GI bill which means law school will be free for me. Thank you guys for paying your taxes. I can't find much data on LSN concerning early decision applicants at Chicago so I thought I would throw this out there and get some advice from you all.
Numbers: 3.84/169
Current military officer with deployment to Afghanistan in a leadership capacity.
My gut instinct is that my lsat is just a tad too low with my gpa being off median slightly. I was considering retaking in September and that if I could get it up to 170/171, I would have a good shot. However, studying for the lsat would limit time spent on the personal statement so there is a trade off here. All my apps need to be in by October 15, I'll be off the grid for about a month and a half following that.
Additionally, what do you guys think about sending in one letter of recommendation targeted to university of Chicago from a peer of mine who graduated from there this past May? I'll have my two general letters- one from my commanding officer and one from a professor. This friend of mine was on mock trial with me in undergrad and can speak to my abilities there and why I would be a good fit for the school he just graduated from. Or would this fall under the category of not having friends write letters? Thanks for any help!

Platopus

Gold

Re: University of Chicago ED

Post by Platopus » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:50 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Royals3535

New

Post by Royals3535 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:53 pm

Sorry if I was confusing in my writing, but you mean having a friend write a LoR is a bad call, right?

Also, should I gear up to re-take in September or spend the time getting the personal statement, why Chicago essay etc. in line? I'm not saying I can't do both, but something will suffer if I try both simultaneously.

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:37 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”