Is there anything one can do to help a gpa? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
nm2323

New

Is there anything one can do to help a gpa?

Post by nm2323 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:58 pm

So I have a 3.69 gpa and my dream school is Harvard. I scored way above my pt on the lsat (pt 168, actual 174) so I don't think I will do better on the lsat if I retake. I know I'm in waitlist territory, so I was wondering if there is anything I can do on my app that might push me into acceptance. I know ls admissions is mostly a numbers game but I'm basically wondering if other factors could push me over

uceoledinbdnrn

Bronze

Re: Is there anything one can do to help a gpa?

Post by uceoledinbdnrn » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:07 pm

nm2323 wrote:So I have a 3.69 gpa and my dream school is Harvard. I scored way above my pt on the lsat (pt 168, actual 174) so I don't think I will do better on the lsat if I retake. I know I'm in waitlist territory, so I was wondering if there is anything I can do on my app that might push me into acceptance. I know ls admissions is mostly a numbers game but I'm basically wondering if other factors could push me over
You've got 5 years until your score expires so you could join the military, serve for 3 years, and walk away with the GI bill and a puncher's chance of getting into Harvard for free. Or, you know, whatever else you're good at. Maybe cure cancer if you have a science background?

Absent that, there's not much you can do in a year that will stand out. The good news is that it doesn't make any sense to have a dream law school and you'll probably get some good scholly action in the rest of the t14 and why pay money for something you can get for free?

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:22 am

If you don't have work experience, you could spend a year or two getting that (I don't know that military service should be a go-to option for you, but to each their own). As it is, a 174/3.69 gives you about a 50/50 shot at Harvard.

The better question is: why Harvard? Most people who list it as their "dream school" don't have goals that require a Harvard JD, and your numbers will get you good money from CCN down.

nm2323

New

Post by nm2323 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:55 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:If you don't have work experience, you could spend a year or two getting that (I don't know that military service should be a go-to option for you, but to each their own). As it is, a 174/3.69 gives you about a 50/50 shot at Harvard.

The better question is: why Harvard? Most people who list it as their "dream school" don't have goals that require a Harvard JD, and your numbers will get you good money from CCN down.
Perhaps "dream school" was a misnomer. More that it would be my preferred school because I go to school in Boston so the transition (finding housing, learning the city, being comfortable overall) would be easier and less stressful. I would be perfectly happy at CCN also, and it really depends on the money for all schools, but for me, I would really just like the option.

nm2323

New

Post by nm2323 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Also you're right, I don't have any goals that Harvard would help with specifically over CCN especially if one of those schools gave me money

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”