168 LSAT, Above Average (Int'l) GPA... Georgetown et al.? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
219cvl

New

168 LSAT, Above Average (Int'l) GPA... Georgetown et al.?

Post by 219cvl » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:49 am

Hello! -

I'm trying to gauge my chances in the T20 and have found myself confused by how my international grades will be viewed. I've scored a 168 on the LSAT and have a 2:1 from St Andrews, which LSAC rates as an Above Average. As I'm particularly interested in public law and international humanitarian law, Georgetown is a particularly enticing choice. Does anyone have an impression of how likely I would be to get in with an Above Average GPA and the median LSAT score?

Cheers!

freekick

Bronze

Re: 168 LSAT, Above Average (Int'l) GPA... Georgetown et al.?

Post by freekick » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:26 am

- See this to get an idea of how (some) applicants without a numerical GPA fared this cycle: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

- Your LSAT assumes a greater importance in the absence of a numerical GPA. You are literally on one leg. Therefore, the bigger problem is the LSAT, not the above average gpa evaluation. As an international, you want to be at or above the 75th to have a shot at admission plus some scholarship. If you can't retake, you will have to apply and see where​ the chips fall.

Chancing applicants without a numerical gpa is extremely difficult. It comes down to the quality of the international pool in your cycle, schools' priorities, your softs, nationality and a host of other things which are meaningless to talk about in the abstract. Feel free to pm me with any specific and personal queries you may have.

219cvl

New

Post by 219cvl » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:59 pm

Thanks, really helpful! I'll PM you if I have any questions.

DolnaRay

New

Post by DolnaRay » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:15 am

freekick wrote:- See this to get an idea of how (some) applicants without a numerical GPA fared this cycle: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

- Your LSAT assumes a greater importance in the absence of a numerical GPA. You are literally on one leg. Therefore, the bigger problem is the LSAT, not the above average gpa evaluation. As an international, you want to be at or above the 75th to have a shot at admission plus some scholarship. If you can't retake, you will have to apply and see where​ the chips fall.

Chancing applicants without a numerical gpa is extremely difficult. It comes down to the quality of the international pool in your cycle, schools' priorities, your softs, nationality and a host of other things which are meaningless to talk about in the abstract. Feel free to pm me with any specific and personal queries you may have.
This link isnt working....

One thing, I dont understand, is that in LSN, the LSDAS also cites a GPA for the international applicants. Dont the law schools receive the LSDAS GPA? Or is it just the LSAC evaluation?

freekick

Bronze

Post by freekick » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:01 pm

DolnaRay wrote:
freekick wrote:- See this to get an idea of how (some) applicants without a numerical GPA fared this cycle: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

This link isnt working....

One thing, I dont understand, is that in LSN, the LSDAS also cites a GPA for the international applicants. Dont the law schools receive the LSDAS GPA? Or is it just the LSAC evaluation?
Try this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

If this doesn't work, then go to this page, control+find 'spreadsheet' and follow the link provided by the user galeatus.

Law school's take into account ONLY the LSAC evaluation of international UGs.

ml0606148

New

Post by ml0606148 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:30 pm

I got 168 in LSAT and AA from The University of Hong Kong and was admitted to Georgetown in 2017 fall. Hope this helps~

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”