Roast My Chances Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
doyoulikehueylewis

New

Roast My Chances

Post by doyoulikehueylewis » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:19 am

Stats:
LSAT 159
GPA 3.4
Non Urm
Participating in the means of production since 2012.
C&F- 1 Misdeamor conviction from 2013, chapter 7 last year
Withdrew from law school in 2013.

People are pushing me to give law school a go again, so I'd love to hand them a pile of rejection letters so I continue not selling my soul for not enough money.

I'm not a fan of debt. Had to go through bankruptcy due to massive identity theft issues involving my parents. Long story.

Live in a small, hopeless, NASCAR and budwieser type of town where you're bound to know at least one person who is married to a family member, and recently came in as having the 6th highest lead levels in children. So not a lot of competition in the legal field.

I didn't enjoy law school when I attended, but I've been working hard on hating people less.

I've won some motions in federal and state court, including removal petitions. Also some bankruptcy contempt motions that resulted in receiving a settlement from some rather corrupt creditors. So I've fucked with the law as a pro se on an ass needed basis, been around to know what lawyers actually do, so I'm not a bleeding heart moron thinking I can change the world as a public defender. Although I am envious of such people for having such innocence.

I've won some stupid shit like a parking meter case that forced the city to pay back every single person who paid a parking ticket for the last 12 years. About to settle a multi million dollar lawsuit by the end of the year if that matters.

I have solid recommendations.

My stats suck, I have a tyrant toddler right now so I honestly don't have time to study for an LSAT.

I don't mind going to a Cooley level shit school if I can get a massive scholarship, but my stats are bad.

I have the compelling background/essay thing, but I've been out of school for years. I really don't care what school as long as it's accredited and minimizes costs. I have employment upon passing the bar.
I can live with that but I'm not trying to get in too much debt (my parents signed for loans in my name I'm undergrad without my permission or knowledge, and I'm salty).

I can do well as an attorney where I'm living, and will get a job quickly. That's why I don't care what law school. Don't care where the school is either. I'm cool with moving. I own my own house now, with no leins, so I can get a line of credit and buy a place where I move (my fiance and I work on houses/renovations as a hobby/side gig).

Nothing spectacular in undergrad, Greek life, bunch of officer/executive positions in student groups, wrote for what my college believed was a newspaper, worked, did Americorps, etc.

Thanks.

cavalier1138

Re: Roast My Chances

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:16 am

...so what's your question?

stego

Platinum

Post by stego » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:31 am

doyoulikehueylewis wrote:So I've fucked with the law as a pro se on an ass needed basis
lol

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:48 am

cavalier1138 wrote:...so what's your question?
This is some random alt here because they're bored, presumably

doyoulikehueylewis

New

Post by doyoulikehueylewis » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:47 am

cavalier1138 wrote:...so what's your question?
Chances at a law school that'll give the most in scholarship money and is accredited. I just need it accredited and limit the debt as much as possible.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

doyoulikehueylewis

New

Post by doyoulikehueylewis » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:48 am

stego wrote:
doyoulikehueylewis wrote:So I've fucked with the law as a pro se on an ass needed basis
lol
Everyone's an ass in a court room.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:17 am

There are a lot of schools you can get into, but not sure on scholarships. Can you get in state tuition somewhere?
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NuttyNutskins

New

Post by NuttyNutskins » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:29 pm

A friend of mine got accepted into Florida Coastal with a 151 and <3.4. Full-ride plus $11k stipend. But we're talking about a school that could lose accreditation soon and has shitty bar passage rates. Your recent bankruptcy could pose C&F issues, so something you may want to explore.

doyoulikehueylewis

New

Post by doyoulikehueylewis » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:26 pm

kellyfrost wrote:There are a lot of schools you can get into, but not sure on scholarships. Can you get in state tuition somewhere?
PA and Ohio. I had a 1/3 scholarship to Pitt a few years ago, and like $20,000k/yr to PSU (the year the Sandusky stuff took off, so I'm pretty sure that's why).
I can get in state in Ohio because residency is established once you sign a lease. I got in to Cincy a few years ago at a $15,000/yr scholarship. All the scholarship I believe had a top 50% of class clause.
NuttyNutskins wrote:A friend of mine got accepted into Florida Coastal with a 151 and <3.4. Full-ride plus $11k stipend. But we're talking about a school that could lose accreditation soon and has shitty bar passage rates. Your recent bankruptcy could pose C&F issues, so something you may want to explore.
Yeah I think financial stuff kept Jose Baez from getting barred in FL for like 7 years.

I was really pissed I had to file for bankruptcy. Of the $57,000 of debt I had, only $5,000 was actually mine and was current (car loan). Believe it or not, I wasn't allowed to pay the medical debt or credit cards because my parents were the policy holders and refused to allow the companies to take payments from me.

But yeah I think like 4 schools have provision accrediation now, and a handful are on probation with the ABA. Flordia would be bad because my fiance has family there that can watch our two year old dictator.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”