PR 3.6 169 chances for t10 schools Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
newtothis437

New

PR 3.6 169 chances for t10 schools

Post by newtothis437 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:49 pm

I am mainly writing this to see people's opinions on how strong URM bump is for PR. There does not seem to be as many threads out there for PR as for other URM's. I have a 3.6 gpa due to a bad first semester (2.8) and then I have gotten 3.7's, 3.8's from then on. I scored a 168 in December which was towards the upper end of my pt average though I got distracted at the beginning of my last sections and lost a couple minutes in addition to forgetting to set my watch. I really do not want to take the LSAT again unless a small score gain will make a huge difference. I have average ec's. I am treasurer for two important clubs on campus and have had multiple summer internships. I figure I have a good chance to get into the back end of the t14, but I am curious about my chances at schools like Penn, Uchicago, Berkeley etc. I feel HYS is a far reach and I am content in going elsewhere. I am also curious as to whether I can expect any money with my scores from any t20 schools. Any advice is appreciated and thanks for you help!

marcusme

New

Re: PR 3.6 169 chances for t10 schools

Post by marcusme » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:26 pm

newtothis437 wrote:I am also curious as to whether I can expect any money with my scores from any t20 schools. Any advice is appreciated and thanks for you help!
You'll probably get a full scholarship at WUSTL.

And you have a good shot at the T10s. I would blanket those schools.

Captdoherty

New

Re: PR 3.6 169 chances for t10 schools

Post by Captdoherty » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:53 am

Found this very interesting article which examined not only whether URMs are granted a boost in GPA and LSAT, but attempted to calculate how much that boost was based on publicly reported data.

https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/do-und ... -advantage

So I would perhaps factor that into your considerations, and take some reassurance from it.

Return to “What are my chances?”