2.77 UGPA/168 LSAT. Shot at W&L? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
JcamP

New

2.77 UGPA/168 LSAT. Shot at W&L?

Post by JcamP » Sat May 27, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi all,

I will be canvassing the top 50 as a Splitter. However, I've really fallen in love with Lexington and W&L. Does anyone have any thoughts on my ability for acceptance? 3 years of WE in a corporate level leadership position for a Fortune 500 Company.

JcamP

New

Re: 2.77 UGPA/168 LSAT. Shot at W&L?

Post by JcamP » Sat May 27, 2017 5:35 pm

Forgot to mention this will be for Fall 2018.

WamBamThankYouMaam

Bronze

Post by WamBamThankYouMaam » Sat May 27, 2017 6:17 pm

If they continue what they did this cycle, then you'll get in with a very large scholarship. Check out LSN, pretty much everyone with a 161+ got in with significant money, regardless of GPA.

LurkerTurnedMember

Bronze

Post by LurkerTurnedMember » Sat May 27, 2017 9:20 pm

Are you a minority (specifically in race, gender, or sexuality only)? If you're a straight (or closeted gay) white guy, then maybe. If you're a minority, you could probably go to T14 with $$.

JcamP

New

Post by JcamP » Sat May 27, 2017 10:03 pm

Last edited by JcamP on Sun May 28, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun May 28, 2017 6:39 am

JcamP wrote:I'm technically 1/4 Native American, adoptive grandfather is full blood, however the Native communities do not recognize adoption so I can not apply for my CBID or tribal status. I decided on just applying as Caucasian because it's a bit murky on the ethics of applying as Native American without your tribal number. I could likely apply as URM on my law app, C&F is where it's getting murky.
Just to clarify this: even without raising C&F issues, you cannot claim that you're part Native American because your adoptive grandfather was Native American. That's absurd.

Also...
JcamP wrote:3 years of WE in a corporate level leadership position for a Fortune 500 Company.
Why do you want to go to law school? Sounds like you have a pretty sweet job already.

JcamP

New

Post by JcamP » Sun May 28, 2017 1:10 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
JcamP wrote:I'm technically 1/4 Native American, adoptive grandfather is full blood, however the Native communities do not recognize adoption so I can not apply for my CBID or tribal status. I decided on just applying as Caucasian because it's a bit murky on the ethics of applying as Native American without your tribal number. I could likely apply as URM on my law app, C&F is where it's getting murky.
Just to clarify this: even without raising C&F issues, you cannot claim that you're part Native American because your adoptive grandfather was Native American. That's absurd.

Also...
JcamP wrote:3 years of WE in a corporate level leadership position for a Fortune 500 Company.
Why do you want to go to law school? Sounds like you have a pretty sweet job already.
Oh I definitely agree. I have huge ethical issues with it. However, the legality remains a huge grey area, technically under the Child Welfare Act all birthright extended to natural born children is extended to adoptees. I've never claimed it and will not on my law app, I just wanted to respond fully to the above poster.

I have interacted with the tribe regularly since birth, however the only thing that may occur is me writing a Div Statement about it.

On a purely anecdotal basis, I had an acquaintance during high school who won Cuban Student of The Year due to his adopted parentage which I think is crazy and a huge ethics issue, but more power to him for gaming some outdated laws.

As far as why Law School, I have always wanted to be an attorney. I ended up in corporate exec work purely by chance and while I will likely take a pay cut. The law fascinates me and I need to pursue this fully for my own personal fulfillment.

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Sun May 28, 2017 1:31 pm

JcamP wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:

Also...
Oh I definitely agree. I have huge ethical issues with it. However, the legality remains a huge grey area, technically under the Child Welfare Act all birthright extended to natural born children is extended to adoptees. I've never claimed it and will not on my law app, I just wanted to respond fully to the above poster.

I have interacted with the tribe regularly since birth, however the only thing that may occur is me writing a Div Statement about it.

On a purely anecdotal basis, I had an acquaintance during high school who won Cuban Student of The Year due to his adopted parentage which I think is crazy and a huge ethics issue, but more power to him for gaming some outdated laws.

As far as why Law School, I have always wanted to be an attorney. I ended up in corporate exec work purely by chance and while I will likely take a pay cut. The law fascinates me and I need to pursue this fully for my own personal fulfillment.
Yeah that last sentence is not a thing. Dont go to law school especially for a pay cut given your current job. That would be silly.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”