3.6X GPA/176 Feb LSAT - Reapply? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Nonconsecutive

Gold

Re: 3.6X GPA/176 Feb LSAT - Reapply?

Post by Nonconsecutive » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:14 pm

Veil of Ignorance wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
jb111 wrote:But I want to caution you against expecting a T13 for free/close to free. People vastly over-rate what a well above 75th% LSAT does for you at the middle and lower T13.

I have a 178/3.6x and admittedly weak softs. However, I have not gotten anything close to a T13 for free.
Seconding this. I had substantively similar stats and got nothing even remotely close to a full ride anywhere in the T13 (back in muh day it was the T14 and we walked uphill in the snow both ways to apply).

I got into H & S and my need-based aid was way higher than any merit aid I got anywhere else.
You got into Stanford with a 3.6X ??
Yes, non-URM. This was 3 years ago though, not sure if that makes a difference.

Mootmath

New

Post by Mootmath » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:53 pm

Po$eidon wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
jb111 wrote:But I want to caution you against expecting a T13 for free/close to free. People vastly over-rate what a well above 75th% LSAT does for you at the middle and lower T13.

I have a 178/3.6x and admittedly weak softs. However, I have not gotten anything close to a T13 for free.
Seconding this. I had substantively similar stats and got nothing even remotely close to a full ride anywhere in the T13 (back in muh day it was the T14 and we walked uphill in the snow both ways to apply).

I got into H & S and my need-based aid was way higher than any merit aid I got anywhere else.
Thirding this. You'll likely have better options but don't come into a reapply scenario expecting free T13
Thank you for clarifying this - I did get my hopes up :-((

Po$eidon

Bronze

Post by Po$eidon » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:00 pm

Mootmath wrote:
Po$eidon wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:

Thirding this. You'll likely have better options but don't come into a reapply scenario expecting free T13
Thank you for clarifying this - I did get my hopes up :-((

You might! But it's not guaranteed so don't operate under that mindset. (Sources: students of mine w/your situation, personal experience, and chats w/Spivey consultants formerly)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”