2.79 GPA/178 LSAT any hope for T14? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
cavalier1138

Re: 2.79 GPA/178 LSAT any hope for T14?

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:28 am

I think you need to figure out what you want to do.

But you aren't getting a big scholarship from any T13 schools (which would be required if you wanted biglaw, etc.). You're not even guaranteed admission to those programs, even though you have a great LSAT. That GPA is going to make any admissions cycle at the T13 a crapshoot, and you're certainly not guaranteed funding.

I think you really need to do some research on your own. A lot of your ideas about how to get scholarships and what post-JD career tracks look like are seriously misguided.

Veil of Ignorance

Bronze

Post by Veil of Ignorance » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:39 am

theventriloquist wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:
theventriloquist wrote: I mean, I don't mind like small loans.

Only ED, b/c NU offers 150K scholarship. Other programs offer scholarship as well, but NU is the best and most prestegous.
*sigh*

What are your career goals? What are your career goals? What are your career goals?
I want to get t JD/MBA. And move into Investment Banking. I can't get a MBA into a prestegous school cause I don't have enough work experiecnce.
Another troll, I fear.

theventriloquist

Bronze

Post by theventriloquist » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:46 am

cavalier1138 wrote:I think you need to figure out what you want to do.

But you aren't getting a big scholarship from any T13 schools (which would be required if you wanted biglaw, etc.). You're not even guaranteed admission to those programs, even though you have a great LSAT. That GPA is going to make any admissions cycle at the T13 a crapshoot, and you're certainly not guaranteed funding.

I think you really need to do some research on your own. A lot of your ideas about how to get scholarships and what post-JD career tracks look like are seriously misguided.
Thanks a lot for that honest assessment. I don't know what to do. I am 26, going to be 27, and I work as a fucking lab technician. I want so bad to get out of this hole. My sister and brother are both doctors; i cannot get into medical school because of the GPA. I don't see a way out, I just want a ticket out. Obviously I have intelligence w/ the GMAT and LSAT and MCAT score s(GMAT was not offical) so I feel like I am just waisting away my youth and intlligence. fluid intelligence does not last long. I have no good work experience, and I lack confidence that I will be able to get a job w/ MBA alone. I just want a way out of this.

thanks a lot for your advice. I can work in BigLaw, I won't be agaisnt it.
You are right though, I'm going to research some more. Thank you for your advice.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”