Super (!) Splitter - Help assessing options Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
chewinggum

Bronze

Re: Super (!) Splitter - Help assessing options

Post by chewinggum » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:56 pm

Last edited by chewinggum on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:17 pm

rowdy wrote:It also looks like Michigan has a GPA floor of 3.0 - maybe not but based on LSN, crossing the 3.0 line seems to make a difference in outcomes. I'd almost say the difference between 2.9 and 3.01 is bigger than the difference between 3.01 and 3.22 at several T14 - I could be wrong, that's just what LSN looks like at a glance.
If you want to take michigan at sticker, be my guest. Because that's all that achieving that "floor" would accomplish.

rowdy

Bronze

Post by rowdy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:51 pm

TWiiX wrote:
rowdy wrote:It also looks like Michigan has a GPA floor of 3.0 - maybe not but based on LSN, crossing the 3.0 line seems to make a difference in outcomes. I'd almost say the difference between 2.9 and 3.01 is bigger than the difference between 3.01 and 3.22 at several T14 - I could be wrong, that's just what LSN looks like at a glance.
If you want to take michigan at sticker, be my guest. Because that's all that achieving that "floor" would accomplish.
That might be true, but sticker at Michigan might be a better outcome for some than a scholarship at a TTT. Not saying I'd take it, but it's better for OP to have the option.

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:21 am

rowdy wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
That might be true, but sticker at Michigan might be a better outcome for some than a scholarship at a TTT. Not saying I'd take it, but it's better for OP to have the option.
OP would still get lower T13 and T20 options with their LSAT score alone. WUSTL is still likely a full ride. That's the best outcome pending you magically get 2 years of GPA removed off your transcript and then graduate with a GPA > 3.2

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:39 am

Last edited by chewinggum on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rowdy

Bronze

Post by rowdy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:14 am

http://myLSN.info/79a7zi_1-13.jpg

Although the sample size is pretty small, there's some "proof of concept" that you could get in with a little money from Columbia down. At Chicago, 3.2 was the lowest GPA in their whole class last year according to their web site, so it would take a pretty special candidate to be that one person.

Twix is right -- those extra 0.2 GPA points make a big difference in scholarship offers from lower T14, including Michigan.

So if OP can get a withdrawl (BIG if), it may make sense to spend $12k in tuition to make it more likely that some T14 will give you multiple times that in scholarships.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:23 pm

TBH - I agree with you. On a similar note, I don't think they'd evaluate a 2.9 that much differently from a 2.35. The likely difference between the two is just how many semesters or failed classes it took you to resolve whatever was causing the issue.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”