[Deleted] Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
khaleesi_k

New

[Deleted]

Post by khaleesi_k » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:59 pm

[Deleted]
Last edited by khaleesi_k on Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baseballfan660

Bronze

Re: 3.5/164 USC

Post by baseballfan660 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:30 am

khaleesi_k wrote:Do you think there's any chance that USC would feel especially benevolent and let in a 3.5 / 164 ?

Or was my decision to apply to there way too hopeful?

I got dinged from UCLA and was crushed (but not exactly surprised - I had been hoping for WL but what can ya do. I've heard UCLA is super big on GPA as well and that's the iffiest part of my app)... USC was my top anyways, trying to see if there's any chance.
at this point probably not, it seems that USC this year was looking for earlier apps as a bunch of people with 167 and 3.6 and higher gpa's were wait listed. You might have a chance off the wait list but I would recommend applying way earlier next cycle, although you still wouldn't definitely get in, you would have a better chance, especially if you re-take in June and get a little higher score.

khaleesi_k

New

[deleted]

Post by khaleesi_k » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:11 am

[deleted]
Last edited by khaleesi_k on Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baseballfan660

Bronze

Re: 3.5/164 USC

Post by baseballfan660 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:38 am

khaleesi_k wrote:
baseballfan660 wrote:
khaleesi_k wrote:Do you think there's any chance that USC would feel especially benevolent and let in a 3.5 / 164 ?

Or was my decision to apply to there way too hopeful?

I got dinged from UCLA and was crushed (but not exactly surprised - I had been hoping for WL but what can ya do. I've heard UCLA is super big on GPA as well and that's the iffiest part of my app)... USC was my top anyways, trying to see if there's any chance.
at this point probably not, it seems that USC this year was looking for earlier apps as a bunch of people with 167 and 3.6 and higher gpa's were wait listed. You might have a chance off the wait list but I would recommend applying way earlier next cycle, although you still wouldn't definitely get in, you would have a better chance, especially if you re-take in June and get a little higher score.
Yeah... I knew waiting until Jan was risky but I wanted to wait for my fall grades to come in and bump up my GPA to a 3.5 before sending out my apps :/

If it's helpful at all I've gotten waitlisted at similarly ranked schools (BU and WUSL) but sounds like USC is maybe more competitive than those two for this round.
not sure but I know USC over-enrolled last year, so they are probably being more careful with offers this year, and thus their might be more waitlist success.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”