171 LSAT/3.93 GPA Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
tb0215

New

171 LSAT/3.93 GPA

Post by tb0215 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:39 pm

Just got my February score and I improved from a 165 to a 171. Although it's a good score, I had been scoring higher on PTs leading up to the February test (around a 175) and I was hoping for a realistic shot at Harvard because of this. I'm an Economics/Accounting double major from a small private college in the Northeast, but i have below average softs (no real strong work experience; I spent my four years at my undergrad working as a manager for the school's basketball team).

Realistically, what are my best options moving forward? I plan on applying to Harvard even with a 171, but I will also apply elsewhere (my next two schools on my list are Penn and Georgetown). I'm going to consider retaking either in June or September since I have one more chance and 2-3 points could make the difference for Harvard. However, I've been through nearly all of the PTs leading up to December 2016 and February 2017. I'm also going to try to strengthen my resume in the next year, although I'm not really sure what the best job/internships would be. Any suggestions are appreciated.

etramak

Silver

Re: 171 LSAT/3.93 GPA

Post by etramak » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:33 pm

Curious about responses to this (I have the same stats) so I'm bumping. Law school numbers has us at about 50% odds based on the last three years' data. My major concern us how 2 years of postgrad work experience and summer internships during school would affect these odds. Also wondering if there's any prediction if the class of 2021 application cycle will be tougher than the past few

nimbus cloud

Silver

Post by nimbus cloud » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:35 pm

Probably a full ride or close at a T14 (think UVA / Duke / Michigan / Cornell). Why Georgetown though? Would be a waste with your stats imo.

Realistic chance at Harvard. I got a JS1 with similar stats. Definitely worth applying.

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:51 pm

nimbus cloud wrote:Probably a full ride or close at a T14 (think UVA / Duke / Michigan / Cornell). Why Georgetown though? Would be a waste with your stats imo.

Realistic chance at Harvard. I got a JS1 with similar stats. Definitely worth applying.
Thanks for sharing! Do you mind telling what your lsat?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”