3.98/170 - International - T14 chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
nishikiizumo

New

3.98/170 - International - T14 chances?

Post by nishikiizumo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:11 pm

I'm from a top public university and took the LSAT in September 2016. I did retake the Feb test this year but I'm really really unsure whether I did better or worse so I'm thinking about cancelling the score. I'm particularly interested in NYU but generally all T14s appear decent to me. I entered my numbers into a few calculators and the results seemed pretty good. The problem is I have weak softs (no WE or internships at all, though I'm considering getting an internship this summer) and I'm international, and I don't know if these will hurt my chances. :(

About retaking - I read a lot of threads and it seems retaking the test is generally recommended. But I'm still in doubt whether it will be wise to keep the score after retaking the test and feeling almost the same as the first time taking it. Getting the score up by 1 point will increase the chances, but one point lower will also hurt the same. Please tell me whether this is the right or wrong way thinking about it.

nishikiizumo

New

Re: 3.98/170 - International - T14 chances?

Post by nishikiizumo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:34 pm

bump

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:44 pm

nishikiizumo wrote:bump
Getting a lower score on a retake wont hurt your chances at all. Law schools don't care about anything except the highest score.

Jesus, with a 3.98/170 your chances at a T14 is 100% unless your essays are absolute garbage or if you don't write one haha

nishikiizumo

New

Post by nishikiizumo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:05 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
nishikiizumo wrote:bump
Getting a lower score on a retake wont hurt your chances at all. Law schools don't care about anything except the highest score.

Jesus, with a 3.98/170 your chances at a T14 is 100% unless your essays are absolute garbage or if you don't write one haha
thanx'''
your id is incredible

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”