168, 3.37 GPA

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
whatupbrobro
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:25 pm

168, 3.37 GPA

Postby whatupbrobro » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:39 am

Hi what are my chances with 168 and a 3.37 GPA with average softs. 1 year out of top 20 Undergrad school. non-urm

Applying to:
UCLA
USC
Cornell
NYU
Berkeley
Boston
Georgetown

Thank you!

cavalier1138
Posts: 4316
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: 168, 3.37 GPA

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:36 am

No chances at NYU/Berkeley. Around coin-flip chances at Cornell/Georgetown. Very likely in everywhere else.

Nothing special here that MyLSN wouldn't have told you.

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: 168, 3.37 GPA

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:45 pm

Agree with everything Cav said except that Cornell has been brutal this cycle. Best case scenario is probably a waitlist unless you have something in your app that catches their eye. I'd say highly likely to get rejected though sadly.

I have similar numbers to you so I think you have a good shot at Georgetown on down based on my results so far.

RedPurpleBlue
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: 168, 3.37 GPA

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:33 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:No chances at NYU/Berkeley. Around coin-flip chances at Cornell/Georgetown. Very likely in everywhere else.

Nothing special here that MyLSN wouldn't have told you.


TBF, OP might not have known about MyLSN. Let's not go around assuming everyone on TLS has the same knowledge base regarding law school admissions info.

cavalier1138
Posts: 4316
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: 168, 3.37 GPA

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:48 pm

RedPurpleBlue wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:No chances at NYU/Berkeley. Around coin-flip chances at Cornell/Georgetown. Very likely in everywhere else.

Nothing special here that MyLSN wouldn't have told you.


TBF, OP might not have known about MyLSN. Let's not go around assuming everyone on TLS has the same knowledge base regarding law school admissions info.


To be fair, MyLSN is one of the resources listed in the sticky at the top of the page. You know, the one that says "PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING YOUR CHANCES" in all-caps?

RedPurpleBlue
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: 168, 3.37 GPA

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:56 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:No chances at NYU/Berkeley. Around coin-flip chances at Cornell/Georgetown. Very likely in everywhere else.

Nothing special here that MyLSN wouldn't have told you.


TBF, OP might not have known about MyLSN. Let's not go around assuming everyone on TLS has the same knowledge base regarding law school admissions info.


To be fair, MyLSN is one of the resources listed in the sticky at the top of the page. You know, the one that says "PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING YOUR CHANCES" in all-caps?


Yep. Too bad people sometimes don't notice a stickied thread. That doesn't mean we need to be condescending in our replies. Just offer helpful information and move on.

whatupbrobro
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:25 pm

Re: 168, 3.37 GPA

Postby whatupbrobro » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:17 am

Hey guys thanks for your responses...I'm very well aware of both mylsn and lawschoolnumbers.

Just thought I'd make a thread since I'm a splitter and would like input from people on TLS with 1) similar numbers 2) someone who's an expert at law school admission


With that I think there is something or someone that law school numbers couldn't answer.

whatupbrobro
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:25 pm

Re: 168, 3.37 GPA

Postby whatupbrobro » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:15 am

bump

somedeadman
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: 168, 3.37 GPA

Postby somedeadman » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:30 am

I have a considerably higher GPA and a slightly higher LSAT than you, and I was waitlisted at Cornell. Still worth a shot since you're at their 75 though

BigZuck
Posts: 11698
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: 168, 3.37 GPA

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:39 am

There are quite a few experts on law school admissions around here and I'd bet they would all just direct you to www.mylsn.info

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 4369
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: 168, 3.37 GPA

Postby KMart » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:18 am

whatupbrobro wrote:bump

you're just going to keep getting the same answers each time you bump it
BigZuck wrote:There are quite a few experts on law school admissions around here and I'd bet they would all just direct you to http://www.mylsn.info




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests