AA URM Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
anervouslsater

New

AA URM

Post by anervouslsater » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:42 pm

Hey everyone,

My worst fears were confirmed as I did well on all portions of the test but LG, where I missed an embarrassing number. Well over double digits.

I know I have next to no shot at t14, but I don't really mind that as long as I can be accepted into a school T50. I am planning to retake in February but am pretty bummed now.

What is the best school I would have a shot at with these numbers? Are there any T50? Really am disappointed with my performance.
Last edited by anervouslsater on Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Re: AA URM 3.62 155

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:44 pm

When you're looking outside the T14, your question shouldn't be, "Will any school take me?"

What do you want to do with your JD? Where do you want to practice?

anervouslsater

New

Post by anervouslsater » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:51 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:When you're looking outside the T14, your question shouldn't be, "Will any school take me?"

The best law school I can get in, I guess. I don't really mind where it is. And criminal law. I'm unsure if I can be accepted to a T100 law school, and so I'm about to give up that dream.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:03 pm

anervouslsater wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:When you're looking outside the T14, your question shouldn't be, "Will any school take me?"

The best law school I can get in, I guess. I don't really mind where it is. And criminal law. I'm unsure if I can be accepted to a T100 law school, and so I'm about to give up that dream.
T100 isn't really a thing. But what kind of criminal law? And where do you want to practice? That question isn't something you want to answer with an "I guess" on the end. If you go to the schools that you have the numbers for, you will be staying in that state (possibly that county) for your career.

anervouslsater

New

Post by anervouslsater » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:14 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
anervouslsater wrote:

T100 isn't really a thing. But what kind of criminal law? And where do you want to practice? That question isn't something you want to answer with an "I guess" on the end. If you go to the schools that you have the numbers for, you will be staying in that state (possibly that county) for your career.
I literally do not know if a career in law is possible with my stats, to be blatant.
Last edited by anervouslsater on Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jnwa

Silver

Post by jnwa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:17 pm

retake the lsat..160 gets you in t14, 165 gets you into a t6, 168ish and you might crack Harvard. Dont go without improving your current numbers.

trebekismyhero

Silver

Post by trebekismyhero » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:18 pm

To just go anywhere and become a lawyer is a terrible and potentially life destructing idea. With your GPA and AA boost you could potentially go to any school in the country. You really should retake. If you want to do criminal law and be a PD/DA somewhere then you should go to a school in an area you want to work with the best possible scholarship.

anervouslsater

New

Post by anervouslsater » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:21 pm

Last edited by anervouslsater on Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:41 pm

anervouslsater wrote:Honestly I'm wondering where I could be accepted to right now.
The reason no one is giving you a specific answer is that the question is too broad. There are schools that will accept you all around the country, but it's not clear that any of them will give you the career you want in an area that would be good for you.

For someone concerned about all the effort and cash they've wasted, I'm surprised that you're so cavalier about wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars and three years of effort on a degree from a school that won't get you where you want to go. You're depressed about your score. Suck it up. Brush yourself off. Try again and do better.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

anervouslsater

New

Post by anervouslsater » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:56 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
anervouslsater wrote:Honestly I'm wondering where I could be accepted to right now.
The reason no one is giving you a specific answer is that the question is too broad. There are schools that will accept you all around the country, but it's not clear that any of them will give you the career you want in an area that would be good for you.

For someone concerned about all the effort and cash they've wasted, I'm surprised that you're so cavalier about wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars and three years of effort on a degree from a school that won't get you where you want to go. You're depressed about your score. Suck it up. Brush yourself off. Try again and do better.
I don't understand why you have to be so mean.

trebekismyhero

Silver

Post by trebekismyhero » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:06 pm

anervouslsater wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:

He's not being mean, just blunt. Focus on your retake and then focus on where you want to live/practice and what you want to do

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:18 pm

anervouslsater wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:

Because if I'm "mean", maybe it'll hurt your feelings now but prevent you from being destitute and depressed in the future. Seems like a good trade to me.

jnwa

Silver

Post by jnwa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:04 pm

x
Last edited by jnwa on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AJ1010

Bronze

Post by AJ1010 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:55 pm

anervouslsater wrote:Hey everyone,

My worst fears were confirmed as I did well on all portions of the test but LG, where I missed an embarrassing number. Well over double digits. My stats are AA URM 3.62 and 155.

I know I have next to no shot at t14, but I don't really mind that as long as I can be accepted into a school T50. I am planning to retake in February but am pretty bummed now.

What is the best school I would have a shot at with these numbers? Are there any T50? Really am disappointed with my performance.
You have a decent shot at schools 15-20 according to mylsn.info, and a shot to be waitlisted at some of the lower T14. I'm not sure what everyone else is referring to. I don't think you would have to go as low as the bottom of the T50.

trebekismyhero

Silver

Post by trebekismyhero » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:17 am

AJ1010 wrote:

My worst fears were confirmed as I did well on all portions of the test but LG, where I missed an embarrassing number. Well over double digits. My stats are AA URM 3.62 and 155.

You have a decent shot at schools 15-20 according to mylsn.info, and a shot to be waitlisted at some of the lower T14. I'm not sure what everyone else is referring to. I don't think you would have to go as low as the bottom of the T50.
I just went on mylsn and the only school in the T20 that accepted AA with similar numbers was WUSTL and with almost no money. That's the main thing that ppl are saying. Not that OP couldn't get into some T1 schools, but that they wouldn't be worth attending. Especially with their GPA settling for anything less than a full ride from a T1 or getting into a t14 with money would be incredibly dumb and career damaging

AJ1010

Bronze

Post by AJ1010 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:48 am

trebekismyhero wrote:
AJ1010 wrote:

I just went on mylsn and the only school in the T20 that accepted AA with similar numbers was WUSTL and with almost no money. That's the main thing that ppl are saying. Not that OP couldn't get into some T1 schools, but that they wouldn't be worth attending. Especially with their GPA settling for anything less than a full ride from a T1 or getting into a t14 with money would be incredibly dumb and career damaging
I searched range of "154-156" and 3.6-3.7. Those results showed people accepted to UT Austin, WUSTL, Emory.. etc. I always use a range above and below, because it gives me more data than putting in someone's exact results. There isn't much data for AA with those stats anyways.

trebekismyhero

Silver

Post by trebekismyhero » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:54 am

AJ1010 wrote:
trebekismyhero wrote:
AJ1010 wrote:

I searched range of "154-156" and 3.6-3.7. Those results showed people accepted to UT Austin, WUSTL, Emory.. etc. I always use a range above and below, because it gives me more data than putting in someone's exact results. There isn't much data for AA with those stats anyways.

Odd, I searched 153-157 and 3.5-3.7 AA only and showed acceptances only at WUSTl

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:00 am

February is too soon to retake. Your options for this cycle are very limited, so I would strongly suggest getting the LG bible if you haven't already and to drill those logic games until the June test.

if you're only failing on the most learn-able section of the LSAT, you have a really good prospect of improving into the 160s. As others point out, with a score like that, you would have many fantastic options.

anervouslsater

New

Post by anervouslsater » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:41 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
anervouslsater wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:

Because if I'm "mean", maybe it'll hurt your feelings now but prevent you from being destitute and depressed in the future. Seems like a good trade to me.
Hey Cav, thanks. It was medicine I needed, but maybe didn't want at the time.

Incrementalist

Bronze

Re: AA URM

Post by Incrementalist » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:57 am

I would say try and retake. Most of the consensus is that LG is the easiest section to improve upon. I wouldn't eliminate my dream of going to a t-14 if that is what you really want. Try drilling harder at the LG problems.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”