What ARE my chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lolsat12

New

What ARE my chances?

Post by lolsat12 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:03 pm

I got a 171 LSAT and a 2.9 from cornell undergrad and I don't even know if its worth it to apply. What are my chances at a T-14?

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Re: What ARE my chances?

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:43 pm

mylsn.info

Maybe a shot at NW, maybe UVA if you ED. Will be sticker, so only worth it if you are dead set on PI (if those two schools have good LRAPs I'm not sure), or have wealthy parents, GI Bill etc.

If not above then just try and get a good job with that Cornell degree

mephistofeles

New

Post by mephistofeles » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:mylsn.info

Maybe a shot at NW, maybe UVA if you ED. Will be sticker, so only worth it if you are dead set on PI (if those two schools have good LRAPs I'm not sure), or have wealthy parents, GI Bill etc.

If not above then just try and get a good job with that Cornell degree
So the question is whether you are able to get a good job with your Cornell degree if you have a 2.9 GPA.
This is not rhetorical, I go to a comparably ranked ivy, and have a GPA slightly over 3.0

ronnieshotgun

New

Post by ronnieshotgun » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:42 am

Have faith! I went to Cornell undergrad (engineering), dicked around and got a 2.4-5ish GPA, 160 on LSAT with no prep and not particularly caring, went to Chicago-Kent (graduated in the middle of the pack), and just started a first year associate position with starting salary of $110K plus perks. :D

basedvulpes

Gold

Post removed.

Post by basedvulpes » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:17 am

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:26 am

ronnieshotgun wrote:Have faith! I went to Cornell undergrad (engineering), dicked around and got a 2.4-5ish GPA, 160 on LSAT with no prep and not particularly caring, went to Chicago-Kent (graduated in the middle of the pack), and just started a first year associate position with starting salary of $110K plus perks. :D
Ban pls

ronnieshotgun

New

Post by ronnieshotgun » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:
ronnieshotgun wrote:Have faith! I went to Cornell undergrad (engineering), dicked around and got a 2.4-5ish GPA, 160 on LSAT with no prep and not particularly caring, went to Chicago-Kent (graduated in the middle of the pack), and just started a first year associate position with starting salary of $110K plus perks. :D
Ban pls

Why would you request that I be banned for sharing an honest experience? In no way am I representing that I am the norm, but there's no reason to think the unthinkable never happens, especially for those with undergrad degrees in the hard sciences/engineering.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”