transferring to bc/bu Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
daylight

New

transferring to bc/bu

Post by daylight » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi guys, I'm currently at 1L at Indiana-Bloomington and was looking to transfer to either BU or BC next year. My grades are not stellar (3.3). We haven't been ranked yet, but according to last year's stats, my GPA puts me in about the top 50%. I currently work for admissions and I'm a member of one student organization. I'm obviously hoping to bring my grades up by the end of this semester, but does anyone have any decent advice on transferring and what I can do to make myself a more competitive candidate? Thanks so much.

wadeny

Bronze

Re: transferring to bc/bu

Post by wadeny » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:52 pm

Any particular reason you want to transfer? Unless you really want to work in Boston, IU isn't a bad school by any means (it is ranked higher than BC, for what that's worth) and probably costs a lot less than either BC or BU.

daylight

New

Re: transferring to bc/bu

Post by daylight » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:23 pm

IU is definitely a great school, it's just really about location right now. Also, since I'm out of state, I'm paying a pretty penny here too.

Return to “What are my chances?”