163 3.35 black guy UF chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
farewelltoarms

New

163 3.35 black guy UF chances?

Post by farewelltoarms » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:16 am

Hey, topic title says all. I don't think I'm going to send in letters of recommendation because frankly, none of my teachers know me that well.

Florida state graduate, philosophy major

secretasianman

New

Re: 163 3.35 black guy UF chances?

Post by secretasianman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:18 am

farewelltoarms wrote:Hey, topic title says all. I don't think I'm going to send in letters of recommendation because frankly, none of my teachers know me that well.

Florida state graduate, philosophy major
with the URM boost, i think you're a lock. good luck!
edit: but i think you should definetely look into getting some letters of rec in there (no matter how unrevealing they may be)
Last edited by secretasianman on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

reebtoor

Bronze

Post by reebtoor » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:19 am

Not sending LOR's is just stupid. Even if your teachers don't know you, they could still write you something. Not sending them makes it look like all of your teachers would have something negative to say about you. Any kind of positive recommendation and you are a shoo in at UF.

T_Easy

New

Post by T_Easy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:23 am

Even without letters, you're a strong candidate with those numbers and status as URM. But the letters certainly would help.

farewelltoarms

New

Post by farewelltoarms » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:25 am

reebtoor wrote:Not sending LOR's is just stupid. Even if your teachers don't know you, they could still write you something. Not sending them makes it look like all of your teachers would have something negative to say about you. Any kind of positive recommendation and you are a shoo in at UF.

Well, here's the situation. I graduated in last month, and I've basically been hounding a few of my professors for letters through email communication. Unfortunately though, they are taking their sweet time writing the letters, and the complete application for UF is March 1st so I dont' know if there will be enough time.

Second question now that i think of it, how long does lsac need to transmit letters of rec to law schools?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawduder

Bronze

Post by lawduder » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:34 am

farewelltoarms wrote:
reebtoor wrote: Second question now that i think of it, how long does lsac need to transmit letters of rec to law schools?
UF requests a paper copy of your LSDAS report from LSAC once you apply. I applied to UF on 1/04 and went complete on 1/13.

so to answer your question, it took UF 9 days to get my LORs

reebtoor

Bronze

Post by reebtoor » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:40 am

As long as you apply before the deadline, the LORs can still come in later.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”