. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
autarkh

Bronze

Post by autarkh » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:08 am

Last edited by autarkh on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

UrbanAchievers

Bronze

Re: Intertemporal Splitter 170 / 3.0 -- Chances for T14?

Post by UrbanAchievers » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:30 am

It sounds to me like you already know the best way to increase your chances - wait until the next cycle and apply early. It's not out of the question, given your soft factors, to get into a T14 program. But almost all of these schools stress applying early as being crucial to their admissions process. Northwestern is a notable T14 exception to this rule.

If this isn't an acceptable answer, then take your chances. Carpet-bomb Georgetown to Berkley in the rankings. But also apply to some "safer" options if attending in the fall is a must for you.

Good luck!

autarkh

Bronze

Post by autarkh » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:14 pm

UrbanAchievers wrote:
If this isn't an acceptable answer, then take your chances. Carpet-bomb Georgetown to Berkley in the rankings. But also apply to some "safer" options if attending in the fall is a must for you.

Good luck!
"Open bomb-bay doors!"

I'm leaning that way, at least. Hopefully I'm not being stupid, but an outside shot at not wasting a year of my life seems like it would be worth more than $600.

When you say "safer" how safe do you mean? 15-20? 15-30+?

Thanks, UrbanAcheivers

UrbanAchievers

Bronze

Post by UrbanAchievers » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Being in my late twenties, I would probably do the same thing. I would try to stay in the top 30ish, unless you're specifically interested in a legal field that is well-represented at a lower-ranked school.

Check out lawschoolnumbers.com if you haven't already. You can get a feel for how schools respond to your numbers. Don't make any decisions based solely off that site though. It's an incomplete, community-run site that does not reveal the soft factors taken into account by most schools. Don't let it convince you not to apply to school you want to go to.

Also, if you are waffling on whether or not to apply to a school based on the application fee, fill out the application anyhow and go through the process to submit it (you can do this before writing any essays required). Some law schools will waive the application fee without notifying you. Google "law school hidden fee waivers".

If you apply now, I would expect that you could land in T30 with some cash, and maybe a T14 after being waitlisted.

ODBCP

New

Post by ODBCP » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:10 pm

Though you are applying late, UVA has extended its 'early' binding decision deadline to March 1st.

I have identical numbers, and I couldn't apply until after the Dec. LSAT results either. I don't want to have to wait until fall, but it's not out of the question so I'm just applying to all my reaches and everywhere I got waivers.

Best of luck, try not to stress. I hear yoga is good.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:22 pm

I am your numbers twin and got into Georgetown PT.

shadow.

Bronze

Post by shadow. » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:44 pm

Last edited by shadow. on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Just PT

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”