Fordham Waitlist-In? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dkirby87

New

Fordham Waitlist-In?

Post by dkirby87 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:28 am

3.68 162 waitlisted at Fordham.
I have very strong letters of recommendation and even stronger softs.
What do you think my chances of that waitlist becoming an in?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Re: Fordham Waitlist-In?

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:31 am

FT not a great chance, unless you are a URM.

PT, decent chance, as current medians are: 163/3.4.

If you want this, go visit, and get an audience in the admissions office. You should also send your LOCI ASAP, if you haven't done so already.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:37 am

If I schedule a visit at Fordham, is it just a student-run tour? Or is it an actual sit-down with someone from admissions? I'm asking because I was WL'ed with a 167/3.5x and feel very strongly that I should have been admitted and that I was perhaps an LSAT point or GPA point from being accepted, and maybe speaking to someone, combined with a LOCI, may make a difference.

frost

Bronze

Post by frost » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 am

dakatz wrote:If I schedule a visit at Fordham, is it just a student-run tour? Or is it an actual sit-down with someone from admissions? I'm asking because I was WL'ed with a 167/3.5x and feel very strongly that I should have been admitted and that I was perhaps an LSAT point or GPA point from being accepted, and maybe speaking to someone, combined with a LOCI, may make a difference.
Your numbers are decent but not so much above Fordham's median (166/3.64) that you should feel very strongly about being admitted.

Tours are student run but my experience with admissions is that they're really friendly. Maybe you can send an email or call to ask about what you can do to boost your app, but be humble and don't convey your belief that you think you deserve admission.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”