What are my chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
nmglaw2010

New

What are my chances?

Post by nmglaw2010 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:16 pm

What are my chances of getting into a school ranked in the 50s-100s:

Harvard undergrad
3.7 GPA
150 LSAT
URM

Eruannon

Bronze

Re: What are my chances?

Post by Eruannon » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Do you have an addendum for the low LSAT? You must be good at standardized tests if you got into Harvard to begin with. I don't see how someone at Harvard with a 3.7 can't absolutely destroy this test with the right preparation. Did you study? Sorry if this comes off as rude, I just feel like someone who has already experienced one of the best educations this country has to offer is selling themselves short going to a Tier 2 school.

nmglaw2010

New

Post by nmglaw2010 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:54 am

Yeah, studied and did practice test and all but freaked out the day of. That and my history of bad/unrepresentative standardized test scores account for the low LSAT. I included some things relating to this topic on my diversity statement, but we'll see what happens... thanks for your reply.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:58 am

nmglaw2010 wrote:Yeah, studied and did practice test and all but freaked out the day of. That and my history of bad/unrepresentative standardized test scores account for the low LSAT. I included some things relating to this topic on my diversity statement, but we'll see what happens... thanks for your reply.
Study more, and retake in June. You don't want to go to a shit law school after going to Harvard.

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:09 am

Desert Fox wrote:
nmglaw2010 wrote:Yeah, studied and did practice test and all but freaked out the day of. That and my history of bad/unrepresentative standardized test scores account for the low LSAT. I included some things relating to this topic on my diversity statement, but we'll see what happens... thanks for your reply.
Study more, and retake in June. You don't want to go to a shit law school after going to Harvard.
There is still time to retake in Feb, but yes, I agree that waiting to take in June is probabably best. Also, sign up for a course ... they are a ton of money, but it provides you with motiviation and incentive to put in the time. Depending on your URM status, a 160+, 3.70 GPA, and having graduated from Harvard may allow you to break the T14.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:58 am

chadwick218 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
There is still time to retake in Feb, but yes, I agree that waiting to take in June is probabably best. Also, sign up for a course ... they are a ton of money, but it provides you with motiviation and incentive to put in the time. Depending on your URM status, a 160+, 3.70 GPA, and having graduated from Harvard may allow you to break the T14.

Barring that, you could always go to Howard. I hear minority Howard placed minority grads really well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”