165, 3.35, Softs...Chances and $? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Sean Bateman

Bronze

165, 3.35, Softs...Chances and $?

Post by Sean Bateman » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:11 pm

Why not? I've always been curious where the TLS community would rate my chances. Obviously we never know for sure but I'd love some input from you guys as to whether or not you think i will be accepted/ receive scholarship offers. are my sights too high? too low? thanks

LSDAS GPA: 3.35 (4.0 for the last two years)
LSAT: 154/165
Softs: Founded a large student organization, a campaign manager for SGA campaign.
Unfortunately I also have a possession of marijuana charge and was charged by the school with Disruptive Conduct/Alcoholic Beverages Violation for a party at my house. so heres the schools....

Reach
Boston College
Minnesota
UNC-Chapel Hill
William and Mary

Target
Univ. Of Florida
Florida State
Indiana- Bloomington
Kentucky
Northeastern
Tennessee
Tulane
Wake Forest

Safety
Drexel
LSU
Louisville
Ole Miss

*-A word about "safetys". I like these schools a lot. They are only under the "safety" category because I am almost certain I will be in
Last edited by Sean Bateman on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sean Bateman

Bronze

Re: 165, 3.35, Softs...Chances and $?

Post by Sean Bateman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:06 pm

^bump. hoping somebody can provide some insight?

rw2264

Bronze

Post by rw2264 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm

Sean Bateman wrote:Why not? I've always been curious where the TLS community would rate my chances. Obviously we never know for sure but I'd love some input from you guys as to whether or not you think i will be accepted/ receive scholarship offers. are my sights too high? too low? thanks

Softs: Founded a large student organization, a campaign manager for SGA campaign.
Unfortunately I also have a possession of marijuana charge and was charged by the school with Disruptive Conduct/Alcoholic Beverages Violation for a party at my house. so heres the schools....

Reach
Boston College out
Minnesota
UNC-Chapel Hill out
William and Mary wl

Target
Univ. Of Florida in
Florida State in and probably $ for your LSAT
Indiana- Bloomington in
Kentucky in $
Northeastern in $
Tennessee in
Tulane in
Wake Forest in

Safety
Drexel in $$
LSU in $$
Louisville in $$
Ole Miss--does this mean missouri? in.

*-A word about "safetys". I like these schools a lot. They are only under the "safety" category because I am almost certain I will be in
you're in at all your targets, i think.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:14 pm

rw2264 wrote:
Sean Bateman wrote:Why not? I've always been curious where the TLS community would rate my chances. Obviously we never know for sure but I'd love some input from you guys as to whether or not you think i will be accepted/ receive scholarship offers. are my sights too high? too low? thanks

Reach
Boston College out
Minnesota
UNC-Chapel Hill out
William and Mary wl

Target
Univ. Of Florida in
Florida State in and probably $ for your LSAT
Indiana- Bloomington in
Kentucky in $
Northeastern in $
Tennessee in
Tulane in
Wake Forest in

Safety
Drexel in $$
LSU in $$
Louisville in $$
Ole Miss--does this mean missouri? in.

you're in at all your targets, i think.
Usually, when someone says Ole Miss, they mean Ole Miss....

bissey

Bronze

Post by bissey » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:16 pm

i think you can add more schools in the 20s and 30s to the target list. aim higher imo

Sean Bateman

Bronze

Post by Sean Bateman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:28 pm

update: after factoring in last semesters grades, I am now a 3.39/165
As a sophmore who took a diagnostic LSAT cold with a 155 and a 2.9 at the time, I feel as i've come a long way and a lot of doors are opening that I never expected to see before.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”