Strange Question, please help a new member Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lifesgood

New

Strange Question, please help a new member

Post by lifesgood » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:30 pm

Answered. thank you
Last edited by lifesgood on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MC Southstar

Silver

Re: Strange Question, please help a new member

Post by MC Southstar » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:32 pm

lifesgood wrote:Good evening,

After frequent visits to this site over the past 9 months I am now a member and this is my first post.

I am going to be a Junior undergrad at James Madison University this fall 2010. I am an URM. I previously attended two community colleges (NVCC and BRCC) they are apart of the same community college system in Virginia. My first year of college was so so averaging 2.78. This was due to coming from a single parent family of four and having to work a full time job to pay for books,tuition, as well as rent. I then transferred to BRCC and began doing well scoring a 3.54 GPA. I then transferred to James Madison. As you all know credits alone transfer to a university and not GPA. I am a double major in Finance and Computer Information Systems enrolled in the honors program as well as a 3.62 GPA.

My questions if you can only answer one that is very much appreciated as well;

-Am I correct by assuming that all Law programs I apply to will factor in my GPA from all three schools?

-Also will the fact that I had a rough start hinder my chances dramatically?
I will be applying for part time programs with the plan of transferring to full time mid way.

I am interested in George Mason, Maryland, Virginia, Georgetown, George Washington (Location based as I live very close to DC and will be working there while I attend part time)
I am aware of the ranking outliers I have in my Law school list but I hope to score a 165-170 on the LSAT. I have a fear of leaving the position I would have been in for 4 years by then to finish the last half of my JD. I hear part timer's miss out on the full program; clerkships, part time law opportunities, ext and would transfer to full time for this reason. I inspire to rank in the top 20% of my class.

Any other words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Life's Good
1. LSAC standardizes your GPA before sending it off to schools, so yes, your score report will be the same for every school.

2. All that really matters is your cumulative average. Improvement is good but of negligible importance.

Return to “What are my chances?”