Another narcissist (161/3.63) Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
becauseimaddicted

New

Another narcissist (161/3.63)

Post by becauseimaddicted » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:36 pm

I have a 3.63 from NYU (journalism and politics) but an upward trend (first semester freshman year was ugly for me) and 161 in September/160 in December. I was a nervous mess both times and did worse than I had ever done on a PT. (Ranged 166-173 in practice)

I'm re-taking in February and even though it will delay review, I know I'm capable of a high score and I'd rather take my chances waiting and have a higher score.

Softs: currently interning at a government law agency, letters from a senior trial attorney there and a professor from NYU who advised an undergraduate thesis in politics. My other experience is all in journalism, but I addressed that in what I've been told is a great personal statement.

With what I've got, chances at IU Bloomington (my first choice) William and Mary, Washington and Lee, Notre Dame. I've applied to a few others and am already admitted to IU Indianapolis.

I really do not want want to wait till next cycle. What do you think I'd need on the February test to have a good shot at these schools?

bissey

Bronze

Re: Another narcissist (161/3.63)

Post by bissey » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:44 pm

i think those are all a bit of a reach. 165+ would get you in.

radical4peace

New

Post by radical4peace » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:52 pm

Hey,
Nothing wrong with reaches, but I would look at some safer schools as well. Our numbers are very similar and I also went to a well-respected undergrad (Duke). Check out my profile if you're interested. Good luck!

becauseimaddicted

New

Post by becauseimaddicted » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Thanks for the replies!! Yes, those are my reach schools. I've also applied to Santa Clara (don't anticipate a problem getting in there), Quinnipiac (looked awfully quaint in the brochures :wink: ) and I am already admitted to IU Indianapolis. I don't really feel the need to apply to any more safeties because if I don't get into one of those schools, I'll just go to IU Indy (I live in Indianapolis) and work my butt off to try and transfer to IU Bloomington after 1L.

And I know I'm capable of a 165+ if I could just get my head in the game during the goddamn test.

becauseimaddicted

New

Post by becauseimaddicted » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:30 pm

radical4peace wrote:Hey,
Nothing wrong with reaches, but I would look at some safer schools as well. Our numbers are very similar and I also went to a well-respected undergrad (Duke). Check out my profile if you're interested. Good luck!
That was very helpful!! Thanks for taking the time to share all that information! And congrats on U of C.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”