Drexel Law ASD 3/4/17 Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
bmathers

Silver

Drexel Law ASD 3/4/17

Post by bmathers » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:39 pm

Did anyone on here attend the accepted student's day at Drexel this weekend?

KME89

New

Re: Drexel Law ASD 3/4/17

Post by KME89 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:26 pm

I did. I wasn't impressed. My name wasn't on the accepted students PowerPoint. They got the UD school on my name tag wrong. I had to search out the staff members I wanted to speak with. No one came up to me all day from the school except one current student who spoke to me briefly a question I had asked in the main room. I definitely felt like I fell through the cracks on Saturday.

The Dean referenced Penn more than I was comfortable with in his opening (comparing, recognizing it's there, etc.). It felt like it was a fly by the seat of your pants day. There were instances where professors and other speakers ran out of things to say so they just babbled or begged for questions to fill time. In one case the woman speaking didn't even know what time she was supposed to keep us until. I wish they had expanded upon how they help you find housing since living in a big city is a concern for me.

The mock class was entertaining and informative. I appreciated that they stressed and expanded upon their focus on experiential learning and how that impacts the students' curriculum. I like that you can spend your last year (both semesters) working somewhere and get full time class credit for it. The building was fine. The area is nice and safe.

The school was on my serious consideration list because of the low unemployment and under-employment numbers on LST. After this weekend, it's no longer on my list.
Last edited by KME89 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:08 pm

I thought the building was iffy, to say the least - no real court rooms or much tech. Just desks on stained carpet and a serious lack of windows other than the front.

That being said, I can look beyond a building, no problem, if everything else is solid. I thought the current students were great, friendly - the admissions staff was wonderful, and the profs were interesting. I like the city, very fun place with lots of opportunities. I wouldn't worry much about housing, to be honest. As for your question, I remember it being asked, and it really seemed like a "on a case-by-case basis" type of thing. It's not really anything that you can say yes or no to.

All-in-all, the building did not particularly impress me (not a big deal), but it's certainly in my final 3, thanks to the scholarship that they offered (plus the books stipend for attending)

KME89

New

Post by KME89 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:50 pm

bmathers wrote:I thought the building was iffy, to say the least - no real court rooms or much tech. Just desks on stained carpet and a serious lack of windows other than the front.

That being said, I can look beyond a building, no problem, if everything else is solid. I thought the current students were great, friendly - the admissions staff was wonderful, and the profs were interesting. I like the city, very fun place with lots of opportunities. I wouldn't worry much about housing, to be honest. As for your question, I remember it being asked, and it really seemed like a "on a case-by-case basis" type of thing. It's not really anything that you can say yes or no to.

All-in-all, the building did not particularly impress me (not a big deal), but it's certainly in my final 3, thanks to the scholarship that they offered (plus the books stipend for attending)

Did you get a hand written letter from the Dean?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”