Questions to ask during visits? Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
brinicolec

Gold

Questions to ask during visits?

Post by brinicolec » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:17 pm

I'm thinking I should form a list that I ask at all schools... I'm someone who likes to be able to compare things concretely so I think having a common set of questions that I ask and then can say, "Well x didn't have y, but z did have y" will be helpful as I work towards selecting a school.

Any recommendations from current students (or 0Ls) of good questions to ask/questions you wish you would've asked but didn't?

KMart

Gold

Re: Questions to ask during visits?

Post by KMart » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:05 am

brinicolec wrote:I'm thinking I should form a list that I ask at all schools... I'm someone who likes to be able to compare things concretely so I think having a common set of questions that I ask and then can say, "Well x didn't have y, but z did have y" will be helpful as I work towards selecting a school.

Any recommendations from current students (or 0Ls) of good questions to ask/questions you wish you would've asked but didn't?
ask questions you want to know the answer to. honestly, i can't think of any i wish i asked. i wish i spoke to more current students at the schools about their day to day life but obviously the admissions office isn't going to speak from their perspective. maybe you can ask for a list of current students but even then im suspicious they're working with admissions. it's always best to go and try and corner a student (obviously in a much nicer way) and get them talking. if they dont want to talk, and if a lot of them dont want to talk, that probably speaks volumes about the culture there. might be something worth noting.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:08 am

1. are you going to increase my scholarship now that I'm here visiting
2. how many suicides among the student body every year
3. can I buy the good stuff close to here or what

Stylnator

Silver

Post by Stylnator » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:38 pm

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:42 pm

My list of questions was simple:

1. What's the school's culture like?
2. Do you have a job offer post-grad*?

*if a 3L. Otherwise, I asked what job they had lined up for the summer.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:42 pm

If I'm around current students or recent alums, I always ask what is one thing they dislike about their school. It's a good way of getting candid responses.

+1 to school culture question.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”