Travel stipends for indiv. visits Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
lauren22

New

Travel stipends for indiv. visits

Post by lauren22 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:25 pm

I live in Hawaii right now and I'm working full-time, so some of the ASW dates don't seem feasible, both financially and logistically... I saw that UC Berkeley gives you a stipend for individual visits, so I'm wondering if anyone knows if other law schools offer this too? It seems easier to plan than hitting every ASW across the country at random dates.

I'll e-mail them eventually, just putting feelers out. I know it's pretty early to be asking this now. Thanks!

zeglo

Silver

Re: Travel stipends for indiv. visits

Post by zeglo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:04 am

Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

VA2lawschool

Bronze

Post by VA2lawschool » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:54 pm

zeglo wrote:Well, all the top schools do. I am not sure for others! FYI Duke says they do explicitly on the site, and I got a confirmation via NYU via email.
Michigan only offers need-based stipends, or so I was told when asked if they offered them.

joeytribbiani

Bronze

Post by joeytribbiani » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:45 pm

zeglo wrote:Well, all the top schools do. I am not sure for others! FYI Duke says they do explicitly on the site, and I got a confirmation via NYU via email.
From what I understand Duke only offers stipends for their ASD, not individual visits. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make the ASD and emailed to ask about it and they said they only give money for their scheduled date.

Dreadhead168

New

Post by Dreadhead168 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:46 am

For anybody interested, I contacted Northwestern and travel stipends are only available for the admitted students weekend. Same goes for Duke (asked during interview).

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:32 am

joeytribbiani wrote:
From what I understand Duke only offers stipends for their ASD, not individual visits. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make the ASD and emailed to ask about it and they said they only give money for their scheduled date.
USC is the same way, has to be specified ASW dates

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”