ASW Drinking Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
RareExports

Silver

Re: ASW Drinking

Post by RareExports » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:51 pm

glitter178 wrote:I mean, they're not going to put an "under 21" wristband on you. Just order a Perrier and get on with it
This actually happened last weekend at UVA ASW. Granted, it was at a bowling alley, but still.

downbeat14

Silver

Post by downbeat14 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:23 pm

Last edited by downbeat14 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhatCouldHaveBeen

Bronze

Post by WhatCouldHaveBeen » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:59 pm

What ASW has a schedule where it's even possible to be that shitfaced by noon? I should have gone to that school!! Too bad none of my finalists are big state schools in the Midwest.

zhenders wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:
kj2314 wrote:Hi everyone,

I am a law school applicant this year, and I am 20-years-old. I'll be 21 by the time law school starts, but I'll still be 20 when ASWs/ASDs happen. What will these experiences be like for me? I've heard that there's a lot of alcohol at most of the events, so I'm afraid it might be awkward. I imagine I could pretty easily just not go to events at actual bars (or take along my "novelty"), but they're not going to single me out as someone not to serve at catered, open bar type events right? Has anyone gone through this?

Thanks in advance!
Just don't get wasted perpetually. I have seen that go really south for people -- 21 + or not
I was at a local law school (big state school, midwest) for business this afternoon, and it was their ASW; got on the elevator with some guy who was literally steadying himself with both hands flat against the wall as though he was undergoing a pat-down and couldn't decide whether to throw up on his shoes or not; he smelled so bad that I had to bail to a random floor. All I could think was, "his entire 1L year, he's gonna be that guy."

ETA: This was at noon.

lfk43

New

Post by lfk43 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:19 am

My 1L year I hosted a student at the ASD. He got so wasted that I was essentially his babysitter. He couldn't walk or speak. I shit you not, he was sitting on my floor and pissed his pants. Don't ever be that guy. Unsurprisingly this individual chose to attend another school.

Biglaw1990

Bronze

Post by Biglaw1990 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:27 am

Last edited by Biglaw1990 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lfk43

New

Post by lfk43 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:40 am

Biglaw1990 wrote:
lfk43 wrote:My 1L year I hosted a student at the ASD. He got so wasted that I was essentially his babysitter. He couldn't walk or speak. I shit you not, he was sitting on my floor and pissed his pants. Don't ever be that guy. Unsurprisingly this individual chose to attend another school.
That's too funny! Did he remember what happened after he woke up?
Not sure, his flight was at 6:30 AM that morning. After letting him sleep for two hours, and of course making him change, I dropped him off at the airport. After that he was no longer my problem haha. As I was driving away I got a text that said "Dude I can't find my fucking phone". What can you even say to that? You might be surprised to hear that he did not make his flight, as he was still far too drunk. He texted me 3 days later to apologize for getting so drunk, but I highly doubt he remembers anything. He was probably confused about his jeans being soaked though!

Biglaw1990

Bronze

Post by Biglaw1990 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:49 am

Last edited by Biglaw1990 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nagster5

Silver

Post by Nagster5 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:20 am

If you're 20 and at ASW, you are probably a memorable applicant for that reason (being unusually young). It is entirely possible someone from the admissions staff will recognize you, specifically for your age, without you realizing. I had a weird app, and two members of the admissions staff knew my name when I met them at ASW, no nametag. If they see you putting the school's reputation at risk (Headline: Princeton Law gets underage applicants hammered at mixer!) and making such an objectively dumb decision, they may decide they were wrong in thinking you were mature for your age and ready for law school when they admitted you. If I saw this as an adcom, I'd pull your offer. Not because drinking a few months before your 21st is a mortal sin, but because you lack the judgment and professionalism to pass up a beer when it so obviously a bad idea. Just my 2 cents.

Iwanttolawschool

Bronze

Post by Iwanttolawschool » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:28 am

Nagster5 wrote:If you're 20 and at ASW, you are probably a memorable applicant for that reason (being unusually young). It is entirely possible someone from the admissions staff will recognize you, specifically for your age, without you realizing. I had a weird app, and two members of the admissions staff knew my name when I met them at ASW, no nametag. If they see you putting the school's reputation at risk (Headline: Princeton Law gets underage applicants hammered at mixer!) and making such an objectively dumb decision, they may decide they were wrong in thinking you were mature for your age and ready for law school when they admitted you. If I saw this as an adcom, I'd pull your offer. Not because drinking a few months before your 21st is a mortal sin, but because you lack the judgment and professionalism to pass up a beer when it so obviously a bad idea. Just my 2 cents.
hahaha!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Visits”