Dress Code for ASW Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
RCSOB657

Gold

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by RCSOB657 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:43 pm

Have to ask, are you sure it wasn't an umbrella?

ChemEng1642

Silver

Post by ChemEng1642 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:48 pm

RCSOB657 wrote:Have to ask, are you sure it wasn't an umbrella?
Yeah this - my SO has the sword umbrella and he's definitely gotten yelled at in grocery stores and stuff :lol:

LSATneurotic

Silver

Post by LSATneurotic » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:23 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:
Yeah this - my SO has the sword umbrella and he's definitely gotten yelled at in grocery stores and stuff :lol:
I've never heard of such a thing. What makes it sword-like? Is it an umbrella with a scabbard or something?

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:36 pm

LSATneurotic wrote:
ChemEng1642 wrote:
I've never heard of such a thing. What makes it sword-like? Is it an umbrella with a scabbard or something?

ChemEng1642

Silver

Post by ChemEng1642 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:34 am

Emma. wrote:
LSATneurotic wrote:
ChemEng1642 wrote:
Haha yeah it's that^ I'm honestly surprised that anyone confuses it for a real sword...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Serett

Post by Serett » Mon May 04, 2015 4:47 pm

I own that one, myself. Not only am I surprised if people could mistake it for an actual sword, I'm surprised when people even notice what it's supposed to resemble to begin with.

IWantToBeAFarmer

Bronze

Post by IWantToBeAFarmer » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:04 am

LOL

Matthew Jones

New

Post by Matthew Jones » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:21 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:To those saying "wear whatever you want":

I would advise against that. This is your first chance to make a good impression. Obviously you don't need to wear a $1500 suit, but a decent brooks brothers suit with nice shoes, a decent tie would go a long way in developing a reputation for caring about your profession/colleagues.
I agree. The first inpression is important. It's better to wear something presentable. But remember that clothes don't make the man :)

zeglo

Silver

Post by zeglo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:46 pm

Last edited by zeglo on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:13 am

Matthew Jones wrote:

I would advise against that. This is your first chance to make a good impression. Obviously you don't need to wear a $1500 suit, but a decent brooks brothers suit with nice shoes, a decent tie would go a long way in developing a reputation for caring about your profession/colleagues.
I agree. The first inpression is important. It's better to wear something presentable. But remember that clothes don't make the man :)
Wait. Y'all really believe that people are going to remember you from ASW because you wore a nice tie and a decent suit (other than anyone you might intentionally stay in contact with) when there's like... 4-5 months between ASW and when you actually attend LS?

...... Really?

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:17 am

brinicolec wrote:
Matthew Jones wrote:

Wait. Y'all really believe that people are going to remember you from ASW because you wore a nice tie and a decent suit (other than anyone you might intentionally stay in contact with) when there's like... 4-5 months between ASW and when you actually attend LS?

...... Really?
im gonna remember you specifically bri

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:34 am

Matthew Jones wrote:

You guys know that you've already been admitted, right? Who do you think is going to be impressed by you at an event where their entire job is to suck up to you and sell you on their program?

Dodocogon

Silver

Post by Dodocogon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:04 pm

Hey guys - I want people to know I mean business. Thoughts?
[+] Spoiler

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Post by ponderingmeerkat » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:11 pm

Dodocogon wrote:Hey guys - I want people to know I mean business. Thoughts?
Only if you're doing a high-speed fly-by of the dean's office in order to impress his daughter. 8)

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Matthew Jones wrote:

...... Really?
Well, tbh, I'm poppin', so0o0o I'm not surprised :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:34 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Matthew Jones wrote:

:mrgreen:

...... Really?
Well, tbh, I'm poppin', so0o0o I'm not surprised :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding.
:mrgreen:

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Any thoughts on what to wear for a law school tour? I know this is not as important. Just want to make sure I don't commit any faux pas by wearing my ball gown.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

whats an updog

Bronze

Post by whats an updog » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:04 pm

Whenever I see people all dressed up for their law school tours or ASW or whatever, I just laugh.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 pm

whats an updog wrote:Whenever I see people all dressed up for their law school tours or ASW or whatever, I just laugh.
sat in on a class with another prospective who was in a suit that was insanely wrinkled. It was noticeable from a distance.

lnsl123

Bronze

Post by lnsl123 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Last edited by lnsl123 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:28 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:Any thoughts on what to wear for a law school tour? I know this is not as important. Just want to make sure I don't commit any faux pas by wearing my ball gown.
Just wear a nice dress or a skirt and a dressy top. I guess it largely depends on the school and the climate though.

My rule of thumb for these sorts of things is wear what I would wear to Thanksgiving dinner at my grandmother's house. Nice, but not extravagant.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:33 pm

dm1683 wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:Any thoughts on what to wear for a law school tour? I know this is not as important. Just want to make sure I don't commit any faux pas by wearing my ball gown.
Just wear a nice dress or a skirt and a dressy top. I guess it largely depends on the school and the climate though.

My rule of thumb for these sorts of things is wear what I would wear to Thanksgiving dinner at my grandmother's house. Nice, but not extravagant.
Solid advice. If man, a button down and jeans/chinos. If woman, same, or skirt or jeans + blouse/button down. If neither, any of the above.

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:45 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
dm1683 wrote:

Solid advice. If man, a button down and jeans/chinos. If woman, same, or skirt or jeans + blouse/button down. If neither, any of the above.
LOL @ last part.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:53 am

dm1683 wrote:
FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
dm1683 wrote:

LOL @ last part.
?

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:24 pm

Dodocogon wrote:Hey guys - I want people to know I mean business. Thoughts?
[+] Spoiler
I believe we're going to the same BU asd, right? Let's both wear this.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”