Class of 2017 ASW's/Stipends/Etc. Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
Shortterm12

New

Re: Class of 2017 ASW's/Stipends/Etc.

Post by Shortterm12 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:31 am

HorseThief wrote:
Shortterm12 wrote:Probably a stupid question but is it possible that not attending ASWs will result in lower scholarships? (i.e. not enough interest in the school)
I highly doubt it. Scholarships are usually given out before ASW's, and I can't imagine they'd penalize accepted students who actually can't attend the ASW (ie if you have a wedding to go to, family commitments, etc.).
Thank you, my thinking was that schools would see if you had RSVPed to go to ASW before offering $$$. I hope missing them won't result in less money

HorseThief

Silver

Post by HorseThief » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:10 am

logical seasoning wrote:If your travel is getting reimbursed, when do schools actually go about reimbursing your monies? Probably after the ASW, correct?
I think it depends, but I know some schools do the reimbursement at the ASW. I'm planning on bringing all of my receipts to every ASW.

shtickel

New

Post by shtickel » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Is it accepted to bring a spouse to an "alumni regional reception" (invited as an admitted student)? Pros/cons?

hwannabe1234

New

Post by hwannabe1234 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:17 am

If I send my intent to enroll at other school and withdraw my spot from stanford, could I still visit ASW and get cost reimbursement for the airfare?

THANKS!

sunsheyen

New

Post by sunsheyen » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:42 pm

hwannabe1234 wrote:If I send my intent to enroll at other school and withdraw my spot from stanford, could I still visit ASW and get cost reimbursement for the airfare?

THANKS!

If you have withdrawn, wouldn't you no longer be considered an admitted student (yes, I get the "technically was admitted" part)? I can't imagine them paying for a trip for someone who would basically have no affiliation with the school at that point.

Duh.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”