Is it worth visiting schools during the summer? Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
philibre

New

Is it worth visiting schools during the summer?

Post by philibre » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:00 pm

I wanted to head south and hit some schools (UT, Vandy, and a couple others), but I'm not sure if it'll be worth it if schools aren't in session. I could always just walk through and get a vibe for each city at the very least.

Thoughts on whether the visits will be worthwhile if I'm not getting an "official" tour?
Last edited by philibre on Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Attax

Gold

Re: Is it worth visiting schools during the summer?

Post by Attax » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:48 pm

Don't see why you couldn't get an official tour? I know UT is, in my opinion, much nicer to visit in the summer. Sure, it is dreadfully hot, but normal session the campus is sad to get around just because of how crowded it becomes.

philibre

New

Post by philibre » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:11 pm

Attax wrote:Don't see why you couldn't get an official tour? I know UT is, in my opinion, much nicer to visit in the summer. Sure, it is dreadfully hot, but normal session the campus is sad to get around just because of how crowded it becomes.
Tours end a week before Spring finals, apparently. But I've been mulling it over more and I think it'll be worthwhile to visit and get a feel for the city and campus and such.

Good to know about it being less crowded, too. Thanks!

dempsey6

New

Post by dempsey6 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:19 pm

UVA offers a tour year-long. It's actually a fantastic idea to go in the summer and meet with an admissions officer in the summer as it is often a much smaller tour group.

Attax

Gold

Post by Attax » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:08 pm

philibre wrote:
Attax wrote:Don't see why you couldn't get an official tour? I know UT is, in my opinion, much nicer to visit in the summer. Sure, it is dreadfully hot, but normal session the campus is sad to get around just because of how crowded it becomes.
Tours end a week before Spring finals, apparently. But I've been mulling it over more and I think it'll be worthwhile to visit and get a feel for the city and campus and such.

Good to know about it being less crowded, too. Thanks!
Yeah, but if you go into admissions they'll give you all the stuff for a self-guided tour :) That's what I did over Christmas break.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”