Chosen for private lunch with Dean... What should I ask? Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
SJU2010

New

Chosen for private lunch with Dean... What should I ask?

Post by SJU2010 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:14 pm

I have been chosen as one of under 10 people to have lunch/tea with a law school dean. I have been offered a great scholarship there. It is not a top school in the nation; but I plan to attend because of the scholarship. What questions should I ask during the lunch/tea?

TheThriller

Gold

Re: Chosen for private lunch with Dean... What should I ask?

Post by TheThriller » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:52 pm

SJU2010 wrote:I have been chosen as one of under 10 people to have lunch/tea with a law school dean. I have been offered a great scholarship there. It is not a top school in the nation; but I plan to attend because of the scholarship. What questions should I ask during the lunch/tea?
ask about the stipulation on your scholarship

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:50 pm

TheThriller wrote:
SJU2010 wrote:I have been chosen as one of under 10 people to have lunch/tea with a law school dean. I have been offered a great scholarship there. It is not a top school in the nation; but I plan to attend because of the scholarship. What questions should I ask during the lunch/tea?
ask about the stipulation on your scholarship
TITCR

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:53 pm

Ask how he sleeps at night

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:54 pm

Where he gets those employment numbers from.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:59 pm

Whether anyone other than his mom has read his scholarship

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:01 am

Favorite Tyler Perry movie?

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:03 am

The dean is, in all likelihood, a crook. Treat them like any other criminal you'd run into.

Winston1984

Gold

Post by Winston1984 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:10 pm

patrickd139 wrote:Favorite Tyler Perry movie?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jkpolk

Silver

Post by jkpolk » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:24 pm

Why the lunch provides tea but not booze

GatorEagle1

New

Post by GatorEagle1 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:34 pm

What do you mean by "not top school in the nation"? Quite a difference between Minnesota or Cooley.

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:42 pm

Ask him if he feels badly that the tuition rate at his school has risen at 8 times the rate of inflation over the past dozen years and whether or not he feels remotely bad for the close to 50% or more students that graduate from his school and only have a job at Starbucks to look forward to after 3 years and a $200,000 investment.

Do not be too impressed with these people - they do not deserve it. Law school professors/deans are people with JDs that had zero ability to hack it as a practicing lawyer.

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:05 pm

reasonable_man wrote:Ask him if he feels badly that the tuition rate at his school has risen at 8 times the rate of inflation over the past dozen years and whether or not he feels remotely bad for the close to 50% or more students that graduate from his school and only have a job at Starbucks to look forward to after 3 years and a $200,000 investment.

Do not be too impressed with these people - they do not deserve it. Law school professors/deans are people with JDs that had zero ability to hack it as a practicing lawyer.
And the dean sure as shit isn't going to take a personal investment in getting you a job, so I wouldn't feel bad about ruffling his feathers.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:09 pm

PennBull wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:Ask him if he feels badly that the tuition rate at his school has risen at 8 times the rate of inflation over the past dozen years and whether or not he feels remotely bad for the close to 50% or more students that graduate from his school and only have a job at Starbucks to look forward to after 3 years and a $200,000 investment.

And the dean sure as shit isn't going to take a personal investment in getting you a job, so I wouldn't feel bad about ruffling his feathers.
Ask him how you go about getting the job of law school dean? After all, in what other line of work (other than a weather forecaster) can you have a 65% or better failure rate and still earn over 800K... http://www.businessinsider.com/highest- ... try-2013-1

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:57 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
PennBull wrote:

Ask him how you go about getting the job of law school dean? After all, in what other line of work (other than a weather forecaster) can you have a 65% or better failure rate and still earn over 800K... http://www.businessinsider.com/highest- ... try-2013-1
weathermen make over 800k a year? why the fuck am i going to law school????

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:10 pm

Your post history indicates it's Pace. If that's true, skip the lunch and study for your LSAT retake instead.

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:41 am

reasonable_man wrote:
PennBull wrote:

Baseball players come to mind.

Ask him if hes been on TLS forums before and judge his reaction

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:06 am

john1990 wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:
PennBull wrote:

Baseball players come to mind.

Ask him if hes been on TLS forums before and judge his reaction
Dude(tte): this thread is almost 6 months old. Let it be.

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:07 am

TTE?

Better to comment late than never

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:43 am

No, it's not. Please don't bump old threads to respond to a question that was asked and answered months ago, to address something that happened months ago.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”