Bad Impressions Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
JD_Kingfish

Bronze

Re: Bad Impressions

Post by JD_Kingfish » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:04 pm

floatie wrote:
katthegreat11 wrote:I have one about NYU. I filled out the financial aid application, submitted it, then got an email telling me I hadn't submitted financial information for my other parent, and that I'd need to provide all these written documents and witnesses to prove he was estranged from me.

He's dead. That's why I put my mother's status as "widowed" in the application.
I'm so sorry, that's awful :(
+1 I'm sorry. I agree that is pretty awful.

spicytaco

New

Post by spicytaco » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:07 am

Mercer Law: I've received my SAME scholarship email five separate times via email in the span of 24 hours. They also apparently don't reply to their emails.

JGuy

New

Post by JGuy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:13 pm

Emory:

I am above both medians and was strongly considering them over t14 due to its proximity to home.

I applied at night, and in the morning a JD student sent me an email. He said my file was incomplete. WTF stressed me out! I I also blanketed t14's with the same items. I email him and ask what's up. He sends me a list of possible things that could be missing (literally could be anything). I had to call other schools and they let me know that CAS reports take a couple days to get to schools. So, I politely inform this idiot. He responds to let me know not to worry. He acted as if I was the one who fucked up.

I thought it was a one-time thing, but oh no. I got various other emails from various students. All had their own special way of making Emory appear as if it was run by undergrads.

I'm embarrassed Emory is the best Georgia has to offer. :(

Not even going to ASW.

Thanks for the space to vent.

katthegreat11

Bronze

Post by katthegreat11 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:14 am

JGuy wrote:Emory:

I am above both medians and was strongly considering them over t14 due to its proximity to home.

I applied at night, and in the morning a JD student sent me an email. He said my file was incomplete. WTF stressed me out! I I also blanketed t14's with the same items. I email him and ask what's up. He sends me a list of possible things that could be missing (literally could be anything). I had to call other schools and they let me know that CAS reports take a couple days to get to schools. So, I politely inform this idiot. He responds to let me know not to worry. He acted as if I was the one who fucked up.

I thought it was a one-time thing, but oh no. I got various other emails from various students. All had their own special way of making Emory appear as if it was run by undergrads.

I'm embarrassed Emory is the best Georgia has to offer. :(

Not even going to ASW.

Thanks for the space to vent.
That is hilariously bad.

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Post by thatblondegirl » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Received an email about a special gathering for Dillard recipients during UVA's ASW. This was this first time I was hearing anything about being offered this particular scholarship and it was confirmed this morning that the email was sent to me in error. What makes it even worse is that I'm actually receiving $0 in scholarship. :(

*I knew the email was sent to me by mistake as soon as I read it, but it was nice to dream for a bit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KME89

New

Post by KME89 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:02 pm

Tulane has sent me the same rejection email five times over the weekend since Friday.

katthegreat11

Bronze

Post by katthegreat11 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Last edited by katthegreat11 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:27 pm

katthegreat11 wrote:
thatblondegirl wrote:Received an email about a special gathering for Dillard recipients during UVA's ASW. This was this first time I was hearing anything about being offered this particular scholarship and it was confirmed this morning that the email was sent to me in error. What makes it even worse is that I'm actually receiving $0 in scholarship. :(

*I knew the email was sent to me by mistake as soon as I read it, but it was nice to dream for a bit.
Ouch that's awful. They keep sending me emails, including one from a current student asking me to talk about UVA, when I withdrew last week.
UVA was fairly sloppy my cycle, too. Curious if they still have the same people running admissions.

mudiverse

Bronze

Post by mudiverse » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:15 am

KME89 wrote:Tulane has sent me the same rejection email five times over the weekend since Friday.
This really takes the cake. It's one thing to send marketing emails but quite another to repeatedly send decisions like this especially when it's bad news. Truly unprofessional.

If I were you I would actually call in to complain. Might even make you feel better.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:32 pm

KME89 wrote:Tulane has sent me the same rejection email five times over the weekend since Friday.

HAHAHAHAHA this is so funny i'm sorry

bitter_melon

Bronze

Post by bitter_melon » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:21 am

mudiverse wrote:
This really takes the cake. It's one thing to send marketing emails but quite another to repeatedly send decisions like this especially when it's bad news. Truly unprofessional.

If I were you I would actually call in to complain. Might even make you feel better.
Ehh, just autofilter it to junk and move on, IMO. Best revenge is to live well.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:16 pm

Duke gave salad for lunch. but other than that it was dope.

Dr_OIT

New

Post by Dr_OIT » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:48 am

proteinshake wrote:Duke gave salad for lunch. but other than that it was dope.
LOLLL. +1.

Was there. After Columbia's top-notch lunch today, Duke's now seems embarrassing... although I did generally enjoy my visit to Duke.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:54 am

Dr_OIT wrote:
LOLLL. +1.

Was there. After Columbia's top-notch lunch today, Duke's now seems embarrassing... although I did generally enjoy my visit to Duke.
LOL I was like "are there two appetizers????"

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:55 am

proteinshake wrote:
Dr_OIT wrote:
LOLLL. +1.

Lmao I also wondered this but it was a good salad I guess?

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:56 am

Stephylynette wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Dr_OIT wrote:
LOLLL. +1.

I had the vegetarian lunch so I pretty much had a plate of raw veggies...

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:00 am

proteinshake wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Dr_OIT wrote:
LOLLL. +1.

Oh... well I had some kind of chicken thing for the first part and that was good so it was bearable. I can't imagine the vegetarian lunch though. Yikes lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Blue664

New

Post by Blue664 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:54 pm

Stephylynette wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Dr_OIT wrote:
LOLLL. +1.

Oh... well I had some kind of chicken thing for the first part and that was good so it was bearable. I can't imagine the vegetarian lunch though. Yikes lol
Lol I highly appreciated that the meal was light and they served caffeine with it (right? I hope I'm remembering right). I was really struggling energy-level wise at the UVA visit when afternoon refreshments include those amazing donuts and warm cider but no coffee.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:12 pm

Blue664 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Dr_OIT wrote:
LOLLL. +1.

Lol I highly appreciated that the meal was light and they served caffeine with it (right? I hope I'm remembering right). I was really struggling energy-level wise at the UVA visit when afternoon refreshments include those amazing donuts and warm cider but no coffee.
Between the tea and coffee I was definitely sufficiently caffeinated. But also our waiter forgot to give someone the second course.

Lunch was probably the worst experience, which is a pretty good problem imo

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:00 pm

Fucking NYU. SMDH.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:12 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:Fucking NYU. SMDH.
what happened????

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:18 pm

Mikey wrote:
what happened????
It's in the NYU thread, but the TL;DR is that they sent everyone - pending, acceptances and rejects - an RSVP for an admitted students reception for women. Several hours later they released a "omg sry if that was confusing" email clearing it up.

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:20 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
Mikey wrote:
what happened????
It's in the NYU thread, but the TL;DR is that they sent everyone - pending, acceptances and rejects - an RSVP for an admitted students reception for women. Several hours later they released a "omg sry if that was confusing" email clearing it up.
So, people had an opportunity for free food who otherwise would have been excluded. They could just claim they missed the follow-up e-mail. My favorite social events were with firms where I knew I didn't have a shot.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:22 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Mikey wrote:
what happened????
So, people had an opportunity for free food who otherwise would have been excluded. They could just claim they missed the follow-up e-mail. My favorite social events were with firms where I knew I didn't have a shot.
I can forward you the RSVP Hikko. I don't believe they reimburse for travel.

gargleblaster

Bronze

Post by gargleblaster » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:25 pm

The ucla reception in my town was garbo - not in a cool office, not enough UCLA reps/alumni there, mediocre food. meh

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”