Waitlist Visits Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
icanbeohyes

Bronze

Waitlist Visits

Post by icanbeohyes » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:29 pm

"Q. Do you grant interviews for admission?
No, we do not offer evaluative interviews and/or meetings with members of the Admissions Committee during the application process. Applicants who have concerns that they wish to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee should address those concerns in an addendum to their application. The addendum may be in the form of a memo or letter, should be addressed to the Admissions Committee, and sent by email to contactadmissions@law.upenn.edu."

Does it make any sense to try to visit Penn and take a tour if it doesn't seem like I'll be able to meet with any member of the admissions committee or anyone who is valuable enough that will remember me?

I only ask because I know it's sometimes recommended to make a visit if you are in the area and I will be at some point in two weeks.

Davidbentley

Bronze

Re: Waitlist Visits

Post by Davidbentley » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:35 pm

Visit for the purpose of seeing the school and assessing its virtues. Do not visit for the purpose of haranguing an admissions official into admitting you.

icanbeohyes

Bronze

Re: Waitlist Visits

Post by icanbeohyes » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Davidbentley wrote:Visit for the purpose of seeing the school and assessing its virtues. Do not visit for the purpose of haranguing an admissions official into admitting you.
It is less of a haranguing technique and more of a desire just to have a talk and have them put a face to the name. I am visiting another school as well next week and have already received confirmation that I would be able to speak with someone. Just showing up to look at a school is irrelevant to my end goals. After receiving an acceptance, then would be the time to "assess virtues" and whatnot.

THanks for the reply though.

Return to “Law School Visits”