Minnesota c/o 2016 ASW Mar. 8-9 Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
dan k

New

Minnesota c/o 2016 ASW Mar. 8-9

Post by dan k » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Trying to book flight in the next day or two. Who's going? Any reqs on must-do's/see apart from the formal agenda ? Between TLS and the visit I'm trying to get an idea of where I'd like to live if I end up attending.

SydneyC

New

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 ASW Mar. 8-9

Post by SydneyC » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:30 pm

dan k wrote:Trying to book flight in the next day or two. Who's going? Any reqs on must-do's/see apart from the formal agenda ? Between TLS and the visit I'm trying to get an idea of where I'd like to live if I end up attending.
I'll be there. 1st time to Minneapolis so can't really recommend anything. Cheers!

Gustave

New

Post by Gustave » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:03 pm

I'll be there as well.

FrankGallagher

Bronze

Post by FrankGallagher » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:40 pm

Do they reimburse travel costs?

dan k

New

Post by dan k » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:14 pm

FrankGallagher wrote:Do they reimburse travel costs?
ya, up to $300 I think. Instructions should be in the admit package.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SydneyC

New

Post by SydneyC » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:11 pm

Has anybody started booking hotels and if so, where? I'm staying downtown. Looks pretty close/easy on google maps but I've not been to Minneapolis before.

dan k

New

Post by dan k » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:12 pm

SydneyC wrote:Has anybody started booking hotels and if so, where? I'm staying downtown. Looks pretty close/easy on google maps but I've not been to Minneapolis before.
literally just got done booking at the holiday inn metrodome, its around a hundred bucks a night, but super close to the law school

SydneyC

New

Post by SydneyC » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:00 pm

dan k wrote:
SydneyC wrote:Has anybody started booking hotels and if so, where? I'm staying downtown. Looks pretty close/easy on google maps but I've not been to Minneapolis before.
literally just got done booking at the holiday inn metrodome, its around a hundred bucks a night, but super close to the law school
Re: hotels. If you're ok just stipulating the Minneapolis Downtown area (ie, perhaps a bit farther from the law school than metrodome), might I recommend a 'name your own price' bid at priceline.com. I got a 4 star room for ~40% less than the holiday inn price above. It's about 1.5 miles from the school I think.

dan k

New

Post by dan k » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:57 pm

SydneyC wrote:
dan k wrote:
Re: hotels. If you're ok just stipulating the Minneapolis Downtown area (ie, perhaps a bit farther from the law school than metrodome), might I recommend a 'name your own price' bid at priceline.com. I got a 4 star room for ~40% less than the holiday inn price above. It's about 1.5 miles from the school I think.
i'll take a look for sure, but are you going to be walking that 1.5 mi ? or taking a cab maybe? I don't know how prevalent they are downtown as i've never been either. being able to just walk across the street to the hotel might be kind of nice, especially since I'm going with my S.O. and if she gets tired of law stuff all day I don't wanna have to worry about her being able to get a cab. either way thanks for the referral.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SydneyC

New

Post by SydneyC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:18 am

dan k wrote:
SydneyC wrote:
dan k wrote:
i'll take a look for sure, but are you going to be walking that 1.5 mi ? or taking a cab maybe? I don't know how prevalent they are downtown as i've never been either. being able to just walk across the street to the hotel might be kind of nice, especially since I'm going with my S.O. and if she gets tired of law stuff all day I don't wanna have to worry about her being able to get a cab. either way thanks for the referral.
Walk or cab. Either way unless it's -10 degrees in which case, cab. The hotel would be able to call a cab I'm sure. Good point about your SO. Yours may be the way to go for you.

kansasstudent

New

Post by kansasstudent » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Is anyone going to do any apartment shopping when you go up for ASW? I just started to look around at various areas and was curious if you guys have had any luck with anything yet? I look forward to meeting all of you!

FrankGallagher

Bronze

Post by FrankGallagher » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:55 pm

Last edited by FrankGallagher on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dan k

New

Post by dan k » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:25 pm

kansasstudent wrote:Is anyone going to do any apartment shopping when you go up for ASW? I just started to look around at various areas and was curious if you guys have had any luck with anything yet? I look forward to meeting all of you!
i'm looking online all over the place, staying away from grand marc after all the bad things i've heard about it, but damn does that location sound nice

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

smdpnp

Bronze

Post by smdpnp » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:20 pm

Nope.
Last edited by smdpnp on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luxurylawyer

Bronze

Post by luxurylawyer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:27 pm

dan k wrote:Trying to book flight in the next day or two. Who's going? Any reqs on must-do's/see apart from the formal agenda ? Between TLS and the visit I'm trying to get an idea of where I'd like to live if I end up attending.
In terms of Nightlife, you will want to check out the Pourhouse, which is a huge prohibition themed bar/club that's always busy and fun (and full of secret passageways) and also the Shouthouse, which is a giant dueling piano bar which just becomes a riot. Both are downtown. If you go uptown, Stella's and Cowboy Slim's are both a great time as well.

Dinkytown is a bit less exciting, the main bars are the Library and Blarney. Both have nice little basement areas, and Blarney gets live bands most nights that are alright.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Visits”