UVA ASW Mock class Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
leche

Bronze

UVA ASW Mock class

Post by leche » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:48 pm

I had a dream there was material we were supposed to read for the mock class, but when it started I hadn't read anything. Law school nightmares starting early! Someone please confirm there is no reading material for Friday?

rad lulz

Platinum

Re: UVA ASW Mock class

Post by rad lulz » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:09 pm

Last edited by rad lulz on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Gunner.

t14fanboy

Bronze

Post by t14fanboy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:13 pm

bro your hand had better be going up every 5-10 seconds

leche

Bronze

Post by leche » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Hahaha. Ok, ok, thanks for answering my question.

In my defense, Vandy has reading material for the mock class, so I wasn't sure if that was standard.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Omg. I might be excited about this.

envisciguy

Bronze

Post by envisciguy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Wait, so the resolution to this was that there is in fact reading right? Because I definitely got an email today with 3 cases they suggested we read...

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Last edited by rad lulz on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbyh1919

Silver

Post by bobbyh1919 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Yeah there are 3 different mock classes, with one case being covered in each class. They said that they can't promise which class you'll be in, so they suggest reading all 3 cases. Time to start gunning?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

envisciguy

Bronze

Post by envisciguy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:04 pm

bobbyh1919 wrote:Yeah there are 3 different mock classes, with one case being covered in each class. They said that they can't promise which class you'll be in, so they suggest reading all 3 cases. Time to start gunning?
Gunners gonna gun.

Lil Kev

New

Post by Lil Kev » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:38 pm

Can you plz post the cases so I can read them? I don't even go to ASW and I want to read these cases just so I can out-gun you.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:43 pm

Lol I remember going to an ASD and going to sit in on a real class. Turned out it was civil procedure, and they sent us the assignment so we could try and follow along. I remember being scared out of my mind reading about res judicata (having no clue what that term meant), and other concepts that I couldn't at all comprehend. In retrospect, probably isn't a great idea to send prospective students to civil procedure if you want them to be able to engage things ever so slightly.

Lil Kev

New

Post by Lil Kev » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:48 pm

kaiser wrote:Lol I remember going to an ASD and going to sit in on a real class. Turned out it was civil procedure, and they sent us the assignment so we could try and follow along. I remember being scared out of my mind reading about res judicata (having no clue what that term meant), and other concepts that I couldn't at all comprehend. In retrospect, probably isn't a great idea to send prospective students to civil procedure if you want them to be able to engage things ever so slightly.
The gunner in you would have raised his hand and corrected the current 1Ls.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:52 pm

Lil Kev wrote:
kaiser wrote:Lol I remember going to an ASD and going to sit in on a real class. Turned out it was civil procedure, and they sent us the assignment so we could try and follow along. I remember being scared out of my mind reading about res judicata (having no clue what that term meant), and other concepts that I couldn't at all comprehend. In retrospect, probably isn't a great idea to send prospective students to civil procedure if you want them to be able to engage things ever so slightly.
Once I was in my actual class and the professor brought her son in, who was about 10 or 11. He sat in the back of the class reading a book, so we assumed he wasn't paying attention. The prof. asked the class a question that no one was really biting at. Prof looked over us and said "Oh come on, why do you have your hand up?". We all look back and her pre-teen kid is raising his hand. So she lets him speak and the kid honestly tried to answer the Q. Was obviously nonsensical and incorrect, but he was actually listening to the entire lecture up until that point. We got gunned out by a 10 year old...

Lil Kev

New

Post by Lil Kev » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:53 pm

kaiser wrote:
Lil Kev wrote:
Once I was in my actual class and the professor brought her son in, who was about 10 or 11. He sat in the back of the class reading a book, so we assumed he wasn't paying attention. The prof. asked the class a question that no one was really biting at. Prof looked over us and said "Oh come on, why do you have your hand up?". We all look back and her pre-teen kid is raising his hand. So she lets him speak and the kid honestly tried to answer the Q. Was obviously nonsensical and incorrect, but he was actually listening to the entire lecture up until that point. We got gunned out by a 10 year old...
I would have failed every one of you for that shit, haha. That's fucking awesome.

leche

Bronze

Post by leche » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:05 am

envisciguy wrote:Wait, so the resolution to this was that there is in fact reading right? Because I definitely got an email today with 3 cases they suggested we read...
So here I was thinking you were just another troll when it turns out people with names that start with A or B (me) didn't get the email. This would have saved me some TLS ridicule, haha.

envisciguy

Bronze

Post by envisciguy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:44 am

leche wrote:
envisciguy wrote:Wait, so the resolution to this was that there is in fact reading right? Because I definitely got an email today with 3 cases they suggested we read...
So here I was thinking you were just another troll when it turns out people with names that start with A or B (me) didn't get the email. This would have saved me some TLS ridicule, haha.
Ha, I'm not nearly the master troll that some others on here are. You seemed so sure from the real trolls that there were no readings though, so I wasn't sure how to tell you there were some. lol. I also didn't understand why you wouldn't have gotten the email, and was afraid I was in fact the one being trolled.

Lil Kev

New

Post by Lil Kev » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Just make sure y'all do well, because professors will hold this against you all semester if you fail their little games.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Visits”