UCLA Visit Days Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
fakehunter

Bronze

UCLA Visit Days

Post by fakehunter » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:55 pm

Anyone have any experience with these? I'm thinking about going to the one on 4/15, but it seems like it may be more trouble than it's worth. It's not a visit weekend, just a five hour event. Since I'd be coming from another part of the country, it seems like I would have to stay overnight, at least for one night probably two. And UCLA cannot guarantee housing while I visit, and I don't know anyone I can stay with.

So basically I'm just wondering if it's worth it to go. (For what it's worth, I've seen the campus/law school before, just not in the context as an admitted student.)

horrorbusiness

Silver

Re: UCLA Visit Days

Post by horrorbusiness » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:51 pm

I'll be there, but for the entire weekend. I guess for the majority it's just an "admit day", but UCLA has also made this an entire "diversity weekend" (April 13th-15th) for URM admitted students. Anyone else booked for diversity weekend and taking them up on the offer to stay at the Palomar?

cylon_clone

Bronze

Post by cylon_clone » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:18 pm

I'll be there for the diversity weekend early Saturday. I'll be coming from Berkeley. Not sure if I'm staying at the Hotel Palomar - will have to email them to see if there's still space available. If not, I'll probably just crash at a hostel - although I'd imagine that many of them have epic pub crawls...

skitlets

Bronze

Post by skitlets » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:48 am

Anybody go to ASW that cares to share about the experience?

UCI's blew me away. I visited UCLA for a tour but was not as impressed. The campus is really nice and Westwood > Irvine but other than that, I didn't take away much.

joetheplumber

Bronze

Post by joetheplumber » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:27 pm

Ok to bring a friend? or only admitted students

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”