Lewis and Clark Visit Day Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
DC_Patent_Law

Bronze

Re: Lewis and Clark Visit Day

Post by DC_Patent_Law » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:53 pm

I'll be going as well this month. Haven't booked the tickets. I think they are reimbursing upto $400. I'll be flying in from DC. First time in portland! Might checkout Portlandia to psche myself up :D

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:58 am

I'm starting to get so excited. My girlfriend and I are flying in on the 21st and I'm tentatively putting together an itinerary of everywhere that current L&C students recommended to visit.

I can't wait to meet you all! Is anyone interested in meeting up?

DC_Patent_Law

Bronze

Post by DC_Patent_Law » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi,
Im planning to visit L&C as well around that time. Do you have any recommendations for places to go to? I'm a little late in booking my ticket from the East coast, man is it expensive (but LC will cover upto $400 so that helps).

llachans wrote:I'm starting to get so excited. My girlfriend and I are flying in on the 21st and I'm tentatively putting together an itinerary of everywhere that current L&C students recommended to visit.

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:20 pm

DC_Patent_Law wrote:Hi,
Im planning to visit L&C as well around that time. Do you have any recommendations for places to go to? I'm a little late in booking my ticket from the East coast, man is it expensive (but LC will cover upto $400 so that helps).

llachans wrote:I'm starting to get so excited. My girlfriend and I are flying in on the 21st and I'm tentatively putting together an itinerary of everywhere that current L&C students recommended to visit.

Hi! Just saw this. I used hotels.com and compared prices to reviews on google. I ended up choosing the Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites in Beaverton. It ended up being $260 for 4 nights which seems to be pretty good. In addition, they're close to the airport and provide a free shuttle. They also provide a bus that goes to the nearest MAX line so it's easy to get downtown.

Where are you flying in from?

rahrah

New

Post by rahrah » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Anyone staying at Modera want to head to tomorrow's reception together?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:43 pm

llachans wrote:
DC_Patent_Law wrote:Hi,

Hi! Just saw this. I used hotels.com and compared prices to reviews on google. I ended up choosing the Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites in Beaverton. It ended up being $260 for 4 nights which seems to be pretty good. In addition, they're close to the airport and provide a free shuttle. They also provide a bus that goes to the nearest MAX line so it's easy to get downtown.

Where are you flying in from?
That's a pretty bizarre choice of locations, out in the ugly car dealership area of the main west side suburb. It's nowhere near the airport, completely on the opposite side of the metro area.

KibblesnBitts

Bronze

Post by KibblesnBitts » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:08 pm

Is anyone in or around Portland right now? I got in from New Jersey last night and there doesn't seem like there's too much to do here haha.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:18 pm

KibblesnBitts wrote:Is anyone in or around Portland right now? I got in from New Jersey last night and there doesn't seem like there's too much to do here haha.
It's half a million people, were you expecting Manhattan?

Powell's Books
Food carts
Chinese Garden
Japanese Garden
Oregon Zoo/Oregon Forestry Center
Oregon Museum of Science & Industry/Oregon Historical Society/Portland Art Museum/Oregon Sports Hall of Fame/Pittock Mansion
Brewpubs
Voodoo Donuts
Strip clubs
Forest Park
NW 23rd
Le Bistro Montage
Blazers game/Winterhawks game

sidhesadie

Bronze

Post by sidhesadie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:35 pm

drive an hour east and play in the shitload of snow that dumped last night? lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

skaterboyroland

New

Post by skaterboyroland » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Spirit Mountain!!!

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:25 pm

Oh wow. I really dig L&C's campus. Absolutely gorgeous. I made it up to Pittock Mansion where it overlooks the four mountains. It was breath-taking for sure. Any thoughts on the ASD?

KibblesnBitts

Bronze

Post by KibblesnBitts » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:38 pm

llachans wrote:Oh wow. I really dig L&C's campus. Absolutely gorgeous. I made it up to Pittock Mansion where it overlooks the four mountains. It was breath-taking for sure. Any thoughts on the ASD?
Afterward, I went to the hotel to pick up my luggage, and saw a man wearing a Colorado Avalanche hat (see: avatar). I wanted to approach him to shoot the shit about hockey...it turns out the man in the Avalanche hat was Mayor Sam Adams. After talking for a bit about Lewis & Clark, we now talk on Twitter and he's on my LinkedIn Network. I'm not going to lie, that kind of impressed me much more than the rest of ASD.

alanjd

New

Post by alanjd » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:36 pm

I am probably going, but I live in Albany (1.5 hour away) so the trip isn't a huge concern for me. I might be able to answer some Oregon/PNW questions if you have any.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:31 pm

alanjd wrote:I am probably going, but I live in Albany (1.5 hour away) so the trip isn't a huge concern for me. I might be able to answer some Oregon/PNW questions if you have any.
Sweet 2-year-old thread necro!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Visits”