Visited UDC Law (David A. Clarke Law School) Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
VAUDC2016

New

Currently at student at UDC and love it!

Post by VAUDC2016 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:12 pm

I currently attend UDC Law and am really enjoying my experience so far. The location can't be beat - DC is a great place to live, with access to many types of work and volunteer experience throughout the year. Another major selling point of UDC in my opinion is the price. For out-of-state residents it's around $21,000 and for DC residents (which you are eligible for after living in the District for 1 year) is around $11,000. And that's before the scholarships they give you too! I received a $15,000 scholarship for my first year, which with a GPA over 3.0 you are eligible for continued merit scholarship, which gives you $7,500 for the second year. Furthermore, if you do well during your first semester, they will put you on the Dean's Fellow list which entitles you to another substantial scholarship and other benefits. This is so much cheaper than other schools and it's really worth it for that point alone. Unless you're going to Harvard or somewhere else with a stellar reputation, going into substantial debt is not worth it for law school, especially given the job market woes we keep hearing about.

Aside from the price, the school is a really nice atmosphere as well. The faculty and students are very friendly and helpful. Many of the professors and directors are very involved in public interest law, pioneering initiatives in their fields and have gone to excellent schools themselves.

The school's curriculum includes community service requirements, as well as at least 2 clinical positions. This gets you a foot in the door at many locations, and automatically gives you experience to make your resume attractive to future employers. Furthermore, the school hosts many different opportunities to meet lawyers and professionals in DC, giving workshops on cover letter construction, interview and oral argument training. Like I said, I'm still in my first year, so I'm sure there are other great things to come in the future that I don't know about yet.

I really don't know why UDC Law isn't more popular, honestly. I feel like I am getting a great education and wouldn't change much about the school! Please consider UDC and you won't regret it!

rad lulz

Platinum

Re: Currently at student at UDC and love it!

Post by rad lulz » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:18 pm

VAUDC2016 wrote: I really don't know why UDC Law isn't more popular, honestly.
Because less then a quarter of the people get lawyer jobs 9 months after graduation?

http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=udc

VAUDC2016

New

Re: Visited UDC Law (David A. Clarke Law School)

Post by VAUDC2016 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:27 pm

I highly doubt that... I know many 3Ls right now who are having no problem lining up jobs for when they graduate in May!

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:33 pm

VAUDC2016 wrote:I highly doubt that... I know many 3Ls right now who are having no problem lining up jobs for when they graduate in May!
What about the other 75%

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:38 am

VAUDC2016 wrote:I currently attend UDC Law and am really enjoying my experience so far. The location can't be beat - DC is a great place to live, with access to many types of work and volunteer experience throughout the year. Another major selling point of UDC in my opinion is the price. For out-of-state residents it's around $21,000 and for DC residents (which you are eligible for after living in the District for 1 year) is around $11,000. And that's before the scholarships they give you too! I received a $15,000 scholarship for my first year, which with a GPA over 3.0 you are eligible for continued merit scholarship, which gives you $7,500 for the second year. Furthermore, if you do well during your first semester, they will put you on the Dean's Fellow list which entitles you to another substantial scholarship and other benefits. This is so much cheaper than other schools and it's really worth it for that point alone. Unless you're going to Harvard or somewhere else with a stellar reputation, going into substantial debt is not worth it for law school, especially given the job market woes we keep hearing about.

Aside from the price, the school is a really nice atmosphere as well. The faculty and students are very friendly and helpful. Many of the professors and directors are very involved in public interest law, pioneering initiatives in their fields and have gone to excellent schools themselves.

The school's curriculum includes community service requirements, as well as at least 2 clinical positions. This gets you a foot in the door at many locations, and automatically gives you experience to make your resume attractive to future employers. Furthermore, the school hosts many different opportunities to meet lawyers and professionals in DC, giving workshops on cover letter construction, interview and oral argument training. Like I said, I'm still in my first year, so I'm sure there are other great things to come in the future that I don't know about yet.

I really don't know why UDC Law isn't more popular, honestly. I feel like I am getting a great education and wouldn't change much about the school! Please consider UDC and you won't regret it!
Didn't you post this scam verbatim in another thread?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:40 am

cron1834 wrote:
VAUDC2016 wrote:I currently attend UDC Law and am really enjoying my experience so far. The location can't be beat - DC is a great place to live, with access to many types of work and volunteer experience throughout the year. Another major selling point of UDC in my opinion is the price. For out-of-state residents it's around $21,000 and for DC residents (which you are eligible for after living in the District for 1 year) is around $11,000. And that's before the scholarships they give you too! I received a $15,000 scholarship for my first year, which with a GPA over 3.0 you are eligible for continued merit scholarship, which gives you $7,500 for the second year. Furthermore, if you do well during your first semester, they will put you on the Dean's Fellow list which entitles you to another substantial scholarship and other benefits. This is so much cheaper than other schools and it's really worth it for that point alone. Unless you're going to Harvard or somewhere else with a stellar reputation, going into substantial debt is not worth it for law school, especially given the job market woes we keep hearing about.

Didn't you post this scam verbatim in another thread?
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8&t=226272

Also this is a necro from 2010

VAUDC2016

New

Post by VAUDC2016 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:41 am

Yeah I'm new to the website so I posted this before I created the new thread. Good catch though!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:42 am

It is a necro, and it was bumped for a duplicate of what's been posted elsewhere.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Visits”