Stipends For Visits--Who do I contact? Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
kickincane21

Bronze

Stipends For Visits--Who do I contact?

Post by kickincane21 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:45 pm

Ok, don't mean to start another thread with this topic since I know there are a lot but I seem to see a lot of repeat schools rather than the ones I'm interested in. My schools are....

-U Florida
-Wake Forest
They do not provide any stipend for travel or offer student housing options. Can't really be too mad as they are otherwise very good with scholarships.
-Washington & Lee
Attend an Open House. Our Admitted Student Open Houses are scheduled for March 19-20 and April 2-3. More specific details about our two Open Houses are forthcoming. We provide lodging and subsidize a certain, fixed amount of travel expenses for all Open House attendees.
-George Mason
-George Washington
-American
-Cardozo
Cardozo will pay you. The amount varies depending on how far away you are. I believe to get the full reimbursement you have to be outside of 300 miles away. For half reimbursement, 150..
-Fordham
-San Diego
-Pepperdine
Up to $400 in travel expenses are deducted from your first tuition payment if you enroll.
-Loyola (LA)

If you know about these particular schools that would be great, but rather than start the cycle over again, since I don't mind doing the work, who exactly do you contact to find out if they offer stipends and the restrictions (like if its only during ASW or whenever)? Do I just email the regular admissions office or whom?

I'm just going to update as I find out.
Last edited by kickincane21 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Havaianas

Bronze

Re: Stipends For Visits--Who do I contact?

Post by Havaianas » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:05 pm

+1 for Loyola. Something makes me think they dont give travel stipends and I hate asking - but a freeish trip to LA would be nice.

For Duke - just called the admin office and they put me on the phone with someone who answered my question (it was a No)

kickincane21

Bronze

Post by kickincane21 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:33 am

*BUMP* I updated with info I found from around the board, but still missing the rest...especially interested in Wakes Scholars Day thing coming up since its in like two weeks so need to start planning. If I don't hear by the end of the day I'll probably just call.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:37 am

Ask someone on the Wake board who got a scholarship if they have any info about it ... http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =7&t=97081

I think you'll be notified if they are going to give you a stipend, seems to be in their best interest to give you this information. Otherwise, I think you should just start calling, the admissions offices at each of these schools is the best place to get a quick and reliable answer to your question.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”