UNLV Status Change Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hbizzle13

New

UNLV Status Change

Post by hbizzle13 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:19 pm

Just curious if anyone has any idea what this means, or if they've experienced something similar if they're applying to UNLV. My status has been "In Review" since 11/25 but today, it still says "In Review" but the date changed to today's date just within the past hour or 2. Thoughts?

Philaw

Bronze

Re: UNLV Status Change

Post by Philaw » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:44 pm

hbizzle13 wrote:Just curious if anyone has any idea what this means, or if they've experienced something similar if they're applying to UNLV. My status has been "In Review" since 11/25 but today, it still says "In Review" but the date changed to today's date just within the past hour or 2. Thoughts?
No thoughts on it other than they are probably now really getting to the review stage whereas before we were just complete and they didn't have a title for that. I got the same thing this morning, was first "In Review" 11/16. UNLV mentioned that they sometimes take a while for decisions.

hbizzle13

New

Post by hbizzle13 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:26 pm

That was my first thought but I was just curious :) Thanks!

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:42 pm

hbizzle13 wrote:That was my first thought but I was just curious :) Thanks!
Anytime...how keen are you on UNLV? I have some friends that went down there, and once they were there....stayed. I'm not sure about all the heat, as I am a hockey player from the northwest, but my white Mexican butt could use some sun!

hbizzle13

New

Post by hbizzle13 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:57 am

Philaw wrote:
hbizzle13 wrote:That was my first thought but I was just curious :) Thanks!
Anytime...how keen are you on UNLV? I have some friends that went down there, and once they were there....stayed. I'm not sure about all the heat, as I am a hockey player from the northwest, but my white Mexican butt could use some sun!
I have a good friend who just moved there and I'm actually from Florida so I'm used to the heat. I would definitely go there. Not only is Vegas a great city but UNLV is a good law school (not a "top" one maybe, but still reputable)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:02 am

I'm just lurking for the moment, but may end up applying.

I don't know as much as a *L at Boyd would, but I do go to UNLV UG if anyone has any questions.

Also, some of *all that heat* would be nice right about now. It was 27 when I went to school this morning!

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 pm

I've got a few friends down there in undergrad....Feel fortunate it's 27...when I went to work this morning it was -11. Tuesday it was -10 and I had to unload a delivery truck for two hours outside....My fingers and toes were punishing me for it.

hbizzle13

New

Post by hbizzle13 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Vegas_Rebel wrote:I'm just lurking for the moment, but may end up applying.

I don't know as much as a *L at Boyd would, but I do go to UNLV UG if anyone has any questions.

Also, some of *all that heat* would be nice right about now. It was 27 when I went to school this morning!
27?! Wow...it's approx 85 degrees here. If I end up moving there I guess I'll have to invest in some jackets 8)

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:44 pm

"In Review" again today, 12/15.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BruinsFan

Bronze

Post by BruinsFan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:56 pm

My date changed too. I would consider UNLV; I'm from SoCal and it's driving distance, which is nice. Although I've already been admitted to Santa Clara and UMiami.

It cracked me up for so long, in fact I think it still does, that UNLV has both a part-time night AND a part-time day program. No other schools have the DAY option. At least they realize you can make a ton working at night there lol.

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:59 pm

BruinsFan wrote:My date changed too. I would consider UNLV; I'm from SoCal and it's driving distance, which is nice. Although I've already been admitted to Santa Clara and UMiami.

It cracked me up for so long, in fact I think it still does, that UNLV has both a part-time night AND a part-time day program. No other schools have the DAY option. At least they realize you can make a ton working at night there lol.
lol, very true. As a matter of fact, I may just "work my way through school" in the cliche Vegas club way....you know...as a bouncer. :lol: Where did you think I was going with that?

No, I have some good friends that went down there for undergrad. One of which is an ex girlfriend who went down there to study dance....I give her hell for that every chance I get, lol. :lol:

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:08 am

BruinsFan wrote:My date changed too. I would consider UNLV; I'm from SoCal and it's driving distance, which is nice. Although I've already been admitted to Santa Clara and UMiami.

Yeah, I actually switched over to the Part-Time program, as it makes me a little more competitive, especially since UNLV has a quota of in-state seats to meet, and depending on how things work out once I'm down there, I may move over full-time, but I'm going to need to work as well. I really am considering the bouncer option though, as I have some experience in this type of thing, and I'm a pretty big guy, so if all else fails finding some legal experience, there's always that or construction for me. I've earned enough hours that I'm almost a journeyman plumber, but I don't want to pursue that as a career as I don't want to break my body down to the point of nearly being crippled at the age of 45 or 50 for the same type of money I could make using my mind and education. I'm very interested at both UNLV and Marquette. I think Marquette is probably my number one choice right now, as I have a sister and a couple of nephews in Milwaukee, and they have a joint degree in my major. UNLV is definately a close #2, and i actually like the newness of their program and the direction it is moving. I think there is definate potential for UNLV to be a more prestigious law school in the future, and I would like to be a part of that....either way, I'm very excited.

hbizzle13

New

Post by hbizzle13 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:15 am

Philaw wrote:"In Review" again today, 12/15.
Mine too. I wonder what that means. Maybe they review them all multiple times, or maybe it's just different stages of the admissions process. Interesting.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:17 am

hbizzle13 wrote:
Philaw wrote:"In Review" again today, 12/15.
Mine too. I wonder what that means. Maybe they review them all multiple times, or maybe it's just different stages of the admissions process. Interesting.
At Georgetown it got passed to multiple different members of the review committee, some of whom used the status checker, some didn't, and when each new person got it, they added a new date to the status checker. This is what I'm guessing it is. I wasn't sure though, as I just switched programs and figured this may have been why, but it's probably just a move to the next reviewer.

Hopefully a decision is imminent. A good one. :D

Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:57 am

Finally tossed my hat into the ring yesterday.

Good luck everyone!

Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:08 pm

Looks like there's at least a couple of decisions going out today.

Acceptance email just came about 10 minutes ago, status checker has changed within the last 8 hours or so.

Good luck to everyone that applied :)

TenTen

New

Post by TenTen » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:42 pm

Recieved my acceptance yesterday via email.

Good luck to everyone that applied!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”