GULC Application Postponed? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ersh1428

New

GULC Application Postponed?

Post by ersh1428 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:21 pm

I received an e-mail today saying that read:

"Thank you for applying to the Juris Doctor program at Georgetown University Law Center. The record you present is a strong one, and the Committee on Admissions has chosen to postpone your final decision.

Each year, a large number of candidates submit applications to Georgetown Law early in the process. The high quality of this group makes the Committee's decisions extremely difficult. Please be aware that only a small number of early applicants have had their applications held, and a number of those applicants in past years have subsequently been admitted.

Once we have a better sense of the entire applicant pool, the Committee on Admissions will review your application again in January. No additional information is necessary, and The Law School Data Assembly Service (LSDAS) will continue to send us updates, which we will add to your file. A final decision will be mailed no later than Friday, February 26, 2010."

Can anyone explain what this means to me in a practical sense. I understand that it literally means that they've decided to wait on the rest of the pool before making a decision, but I'm not quite sure what else to make of it.

Anyone else get anything like this, this year or in the past?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

RSN_M3

Bronze

Re: GULC Application Postponed?

Post by RSN_M3 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:25 pm

Last edited by RSN_M3 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

of Benito Cereno

Silver

Post by of Benito Cereno » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:26 pm

it means this: you applied before the EA deadline so normally they would have to give you a response before Christmas. However, you were very borderline and until they get a better sense of the applicant pool they can't know if its safe to reject you or not. basically, this is waitlist version -1.0. but there is no reason to think that once they see their overall applicant pool in a few months they'll decide that you're good enough, its just that right now they see no need to commit to you before new years.

RSN_M3

Bronze

Post by RSN_M3 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:29 pm

Dunno.
Last edited by RSN_M3 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:32 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Shellbelle

Bronze

Post by Shellbelle » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:07 pm

I got this exact same email...applied RD not ED and thought it was a mistake but still nothing.

I'm not sure if this means we're deferred...hoping not!

Lurkster

Bronze

Post by Lurkster » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:48 pm

Shellbelle wrote:I got this exact same email...applied RD not ED and thought it was a mistake but still nothing.

I'm not sure if this means we're deferred...hoping not!
To my knowledge, it does.

PapantlaFlyer

New

Post by PapantlaFlyer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:17 pm

It just means they want to wait for the december lsat people, and then decide. You're neither an auto-admit or auto-reject, so could go either way. That's how I see it anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”